Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I replaced my ailing 14 yo ailing Jeep Liberty with a 2017 SV 4X4 Crew Cab.
Hoping to get some advice on certain accessories such as floor mats (it came with fancy carpet mats) and window shades.
It is the classiest vehicle I have ever owned, with electric windows, mirrors, back up camera, and SONAR (!).
I got the VTP as that appears to be the only way to get the Trailer Towing package I need to drag the boat (in background) around.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Nice looking truck. Our family had a Liberty. OK rig but killed 2 manual transmissions. V6 with the five speed was fast.

Weather tech makes some fancy floor mats. I just get a set at walmart once every couple of years. I drag a lot of dirt, mud and snow into the truck. I also have an accordion style foil coated bubble wrap type sun shade that I use if I am going to park the truck in one spot for multiply days.

As for the factory tow hitch. If you plan on doing any wheeling I would relocate the power plug. It is susceptible to damage where it sits.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking truck.
Thanks

Our family had a Liberty. OK rig but killed 2 manual transmissions. V6 with the five speed was fast.
My Liberty's A/C condenser started leaking and the over $1K estimate to fix it made up my mind I needed something new and dependable.

Weather tech makes some fancy floor mats. I just get a set at walmart once every couple of years. I drag a lot of dirt, mud and snow into the truck. I also have an accordion style foil coated bubble wrap type sun shade that I use if I am going to park the truck in one spot for multiply days.
Not happy with Weather Tech - bought a set for my brides '16 Mazda CX5 and the snaps keep breaking. Replaced them both under warranty and they are broken again. I like your idea of W*M cheapies.

As for the factory tow hitch. If you plan on doing any wheeling I would relocate the power plug. It is susceptible to damage where it sits.
Not into "roughing" it as I was in my younger days, so the connector should be OK. I am going to have to get an adapter to mate to my Flat Four connector on the boat and utility trailers.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome, nice truck, same color as mine. I have a set of weathertec in the front and the back. They have been great. My kids would have destroyed the carpet by now if not for them. I bought some vent visors for the doors off Ebay but the local carwash tore one of them off. I am not sure I would recommend them as they do not help very much. With a white truck it should not get as hot inside anyway. Tinting your front windows and a strip across the top of the windshield might work better.

I had a Jeep Liberty at one time. I did not care for it much. I could never find a comfortable seating position. It was easy to maneuver though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts