Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always like to see before and after photos it makes it so much easier to ascertain what a project actually changed.
I had the Old Man Emu lift with the HD front coils and rear leaf packs from NissTec installed over the weekend, this made room for XD Addict 17" wheels and BFG KO2's 265/70/17. The tires rubbed ever so slightly so I removed those plastic fascia pieces from the front bumper.
Hopefully this will help someone wondering about what will fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
Looking good!

How much of a lift did the mod get you?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's hard to say exactly since I got new wheels and tires at the same time, I'd say just shy of 3".

·
Registered
397 Posts
...what's the general consensus, if you install a lift kit are the stock size wheels a waste of time to keep?

I'm looking at a 1.5" or 2" lift max but keeping my stock size wheels and I'd like your opinion?

·
Registered
544 Posts
...what's the general consensus, if you install a lift kit are the stock size wheels a waste of time to keep?

I'm looking at a 1.5" or 2" lift max but keeping my stock size wheels and I'd like your opinion?
Take a look at the picture at the top of this page... http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/what-have-you-done-your-frontier-today-lately-25035/index3227.html#post3262337 I think that truck looks great with a 2" lift, stock SV rims and 265/75R16 tires... It has the look I was hoping for and thus sealed the deal for me... Very little size difference in he 265/70 and 265/75 tires...

·
Registered
188 Posts
I always like to see before and after photos it makes it so much easier to ascertain what a project actually changed.
I had the Old Man Emu lift with the HD front coils and rear leaf packs from NissTec installed over the weekend, this made room for XD Addict 17" wheels and BFG KO2's 265/70/17. The tires rubbed ever so slightly so I removed those plastic fascia pieces from the front bumper.
Hopefully this will help someone wondering about what will fit.
This looks awesome!!! You may have just swayed my to buy a CCLB. It looks great with those wheels and lift.

Chris

·
Registered
397 Posts
Take a look at the picture at the top of this page... http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/what-have-you-done-your-frontier-today-lately-25035/index3227.html#post3262337 I think that truck looks great with a 2" lift, stock SV rims and 265/75R16 tires... It has the look I was hoping for and thus sealed the deal for me... Very little size difference in he 265/70 and 265/75 tires...
...that does look good; unfortunately shops around NY & with the inspection process; I think I can get away with the lift as long as I have the stock tire/wheel size...they pick and choose what they want to pay attention to during the inspections.

·
Registered
354 Posts

I installed a 2" front and rear suspension lift. Have no intention of changing the tires or
the wheels. While it's true that there is no change in the hub to ground clearance... a
whole lot of things have been lifted out of the way. I think I can now power through areas
that I couldn't before. It was a worthwhile upgrade.

·
Registered
544 Posts
...that does look good; unfortunately shops around NY & with the inspection process; I think I can get away with the lift as long as I have the stock tire/wheel size...they pick and choose what they want to pay attention to during the inspections.
Have never had to deal with Inspection Nazi that would suck balls... Keep in mind that the 265/75R16 is in fact a stock size on the Pro-X4 and the rims on the SV are the same size as what's on the Pro-4X that might give you a bargaining chip fir the inspection...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Have never had to deal with Inspection Nazi that would suck balls... Keep in mind that the 265/75R16 is in fact a stock size on the Pro-X4 and the rims on the SV are the same size as what's on the Pro-4X that might give you a bargaining chip fir the inspection...
...something to keep in mind but my door placard only says 265/70R 16 on it so it will be interesting to see if that is a winnable argument?

·
Registered
10 Posts

In NC they will fail your car for the headlights being glazed over but you aren't required to have a windshield, just working wipers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts