Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

I have an '08 4x4 Nismo CC, I bought it new last June, it now has only 10,000 mi. on it.

I just got it back from the dealer after they put in a new fuel pump. This is the second time in the shop, first time the check engine light came on and they replaced an emission control valve (so they said anyway).

While I was speaking with the service manager today I brought up all the problems that these trucks apparently have, mentioning of course the timing chain tensioner, his respose was, oh yes. we do a lot of those, actually I was kind of surprised at his response.

My question to all you fellow Frontier owners is how can you still love these trucks as you do knowing that they have a lot of known issues, such as, The fuel pump, the timing chain tensioner, the paint chipping on the back fenders, the week rearend and so on, even if none of these things have cropped up on you yet, they will.

I know it's not a great way to introduce myself, but I have to say that I am really mad at this point in time that I bought this truck. As far as I'm concerned Nissan puts out a poor product. I guess that I have nobody to blame but myself for not doing more research on this truck before purchasing it; ie finding this site. Too bad cause I really liked this truck, that's why I bought it. Now I want to sell it before the timing chain thing comes up, cause if it happens to some it will happen to them all eventually.

Moon.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Welcome...

I have a first gen which does not have all of these issues. Truthfully I will probably not get a 2nd gen when my current truck needs to be replaced only because I will be putting a LOT of miles on it soon and will need some thing that can take the miles. Also I would want a fullsize preferably diesel. But that is just me.

These still are good trucks and can take one hell of a beating. All cars have their issues and you just seem to be mad about ours.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I think if you do a search of people with the timing chain whine or fuel pump problems, you will find it is a fraction of a percent of owners, so no, I don't walk around looking at the truck as being a unsafe money pit. Most people come onto forums when they need help or want to learn more about their cars, not because they are social losers and can't find friends. So I think you are going to have a disporportionate amount of people saying "I have x problem" on here.

I had a titan before my fronty, and heard the same crap all the time, your rear end will go out and your brakes are going to fail. I put close to 90k hard miles on it in less than three years before I totaled it hydroplaning. I had zero problems with it. They recalled it for the brakes, but I didn't have a problem when they fixed it, so it was a free brake upgrade. Look up vehicle recalls and tell which model you find that doesn't have one. I don't think such a thing exists.

0 problems so far with my truck, and it doesn't sit in the driveway or traffic jams; it pulls the boat, pulls the work trailer, drives around the washed out "paths" at the deer lease and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. 52k miles on mine so far.

I bought another Nissan for me because of the past reliabilty in my family. I retired our parents maxima wagon with 250k on it when I totaled it as a 14 yr old kid, sold my perfectly running '89 240sx with 280k on it (still got 30mpg), my mother drives a 96 maxima with 160k, zero problems, my sister a pathfinder, my wife had an altima, which we sold and we traded up to a quest when the little ones came along. So I'm not pissed with Nissan, quite the contrary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts