Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Username: Okkomatz
Year: 2005
Make: Nissan
Model: Frontier
Trim: LE Crew Cab 4x4
Color: White

Mods:
Interior: Stock Le leather, oem Rockford system with after market touch screen head unit, Garmin Navigation Dock

Exterior: oem roof rack, sunroof, D40 Navara "catfish" Grill, Plastidiped rear bumper and Rear Burger, Debadged tailgate, Pro4x wheels, removed splash guards, removed front valance, Snugtop Camper Shell.

Drivetrain: Stock LE Rear, 2009 Titan M205 front differential

Suspension & Tires: Radflo 2.5 extended length Titan Swap coilovers w/ 700# springs, Dirt King Titan upper control arms, OEM Titan Lower control arms, Titan inner & outer tie rods, adjustable rear shackle, Deaver AAL w/Bilstien 5150's in the rear. 1.5" Wheel Spacer in the rear. 285/75/16 Toyo Open Country on Pro4X Rims

Performance: XTP IMS, BullyDog GT, Volant Intake, WRP lightweight under drive pulley(not installed yet...)

Gear and Other: Titus Products Hi-Lift mount, Yakima Fat Cat Snowboard rack(mounted during winter)

In Progress:

wish list:
Finish custom front bumper build, starting from a Calmini prerunner and building into a "hybrid" with winch mount.

Start on rear bumper tire swing out build, starting from a Shrockworks rear bumper.

**MOST RECENT**
Finished my Titan Swap!

Injen CAI

Traded the ugly LE rims and 265's for some Nismo rims and 285/75/16's!

Now for pics... (after bringing her home May 2012)

The folding bed cover that came on the truck when I bought it was cool, but the vinyl at the folding joints was bad and leaked water into the bed. No good if you're trying to keep that area dry, so I took it off and trashed it with the intent of getting a new cover, probably a roll-up one.

After that I did some research and saw the threads about plastidiping things. SO, since I HATE chrome and the grill(in my opinion) looks ugly chrome, I plastidiped it so it would be black. Sorry no pictures of that, lasted a little while, then just looked bad. So I then decided to custom cut my grill, set mesh behind it, and then plastidip it again. I plan to set AUX lighting behind the mesh between the grill and radiator, going for the stealth factor..

I then eventually decided to plastidip the rear bumper, as it was chrome and I don't like chrome. Plus everything seems to be going the route of white truck, black everything else.. (SNOW)STORMTROOPER!

You can see the Hi-lift mount from Titus, and my Yakima Rack on top.

Here she was in a little snow when I was on a snowboard trip in West Virginia.

3" spacer front w/SPC UCA & AAL rear

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Looks good! I'm in Hampton too, so maybe I'll see you around town sometime. Nice Infidel sticker on the back... I have one too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was thinking about doing just this, only my truck is silver. I wanted to plasti dip the SE Bumpers since I hate the chrome, but how would that look? Has anyone seen a silver truck with plasti dipped grille and bumpers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking about doing just this, only my truck is silver. I wanted to plasti dip the SE Bumpers since I hate the chrome, but how would that look? Has anyone seen a silver truck with plasti dipped grille and bumpers?

Thanks!
See that's the beauty of plastidiping... If you don't like it after doing it, just peel it off. Haha I started on my rims, but when I went to install them back on the truck, the tire iron contacted the plastidip and started peeling it up. I still want to do my wheels, just gotta come at it from another angle.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks! I'll definitely post pics in a build thread or whatever. I forgot that that was the real point of plasti dip

Cheers

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Okay, so yesterday in the mail I received my new(to me) Navigation housing from harshreality001. Soon to install that, but first need to purchase a Garmin for it..

Last night I got to doing the trailer harness relocate to the bumper, turned out GREAT! Flush to the bumper, and looks clean now!

Also, after GREAT debate, and research(looking at everyone's builds) I've decided to Titan Swap my Frontier! Not going with the Drop Bracket, now just have to piece together the items for the swap and I'll be set!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, so got some updates.. Truck is safe from Sandy, even though I was in Dc area. I've received the body pucks for my DIY 2" Body Lift! Currently waiting for a dry weekend after I get my bolts. I've also dropped the splash guards and cut the front valance so it looks clean! I also dropped the license plate in the front so that opening is unrestricted and looks better, I think.. Pics soon!

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Interested in seeing how it looks with the body lift. Let me know if/when you are still interested in the 2" spacer for the the front and/or the tonneau sitting in my garage!

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Looks great! Its come a long way since you first got it, looking forward to what's next. If/when you get your lift parts in, I'll help you install them if you need it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alright, So updated the first post. Most recently added a PRG 3" Spacer front with the SPC upper arms. Also added AAL and new shocks in the rear. LOVE the way it sits, but hate that I didn't go with a Titan swap.. So now I have OEM upper and lower Titan arms on their way(Got them for only $200 :nana:). Now just have to place order for the extended axles, brake lines, and Tie-rod extensions. :fantastic:

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Interested in selling the upper arms then? I mean they are technically used now, right? Just kidding...kinda. Can't wait to see the swap completed! By the way... where are the pics that shows how it currently sits?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts