Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
That rear left shock looks way too long in this picture. Looks like you are about to crush it.
Far from crushing it... The boots are squished tho.

Doing Raptor liner today. I 100 percent should have used this on my bumpers. I know it was recommended, but guess I'm hard headed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow that looks amazing. You did a great job on it. I wonder how it would work for touching up the factory spray liner. After 14 years mine has a lot of dings with a few that have exposed the metal underneath.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Wow that looks amazing. You did a great job on it. I wonder how it would work for touching up the factory spray liner. After 14 years mine has a lot of dings with a few that have exposed the metal underneath.
I think it would just spray right over your existing. It needs a slight texture to stick - per tons of videos and their instructions, I took some 120 and 240 grit sand paper stone thingys and roughed up the factory finish (clear coat). Obviously, the time consuming part was that, cleanup, and tape prep. I also waited an hour between coats. 2 coats runs about 12 mil, 3 is 15 mil thick.

Prothane 19-1309 Bump Stops

Although, the OME leafs have not touched them yet.... They had not touched the stock bumps either. But, I got nervous.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Radflo 2.5” coilovers installed. Not going to lie, I was practically in tears with how good the truck drove on my first test. Big thanks to Radflo and @AlldogsOffroad for everything.

Pro-tip: replace the lower shock bolt and nut. I ordered replacements and was prepared anyway so I got lucky. Per the service manual they are intended to be replaced when removed anyway. Anywho, somehow the nut with the driver side lower shock bolt became seized when unthreading. No idea how, but I shearedthe bolt in the process.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Nice work! I need to order lower strut bolts because I tried getting mine off a while back and it wouldn’t budge with a 4’ long cheater.. couldn’t believe it!

What are you doing with your old strut setup?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Nice work! I need to order lower strut bolts because I tried getting mine off a while back and it wouldn’t budge with a 4’ long cheater.. couldn’t believe it!

What are you doing with your old strut setup?
I’ve got issues with the old setup. Not sure what’s going on but one of the springs looks crooked. Was planning to hang on to it for when the Radflos need rebuilding but not sure at this point.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Had to buy at least 2 tires... This happened.
I successfully patched it, however, I don’t trust these outside-in plugs... I think because I’m OCD ill get 2 more tires next month.
In case anyone was wondering, these Maxxis 255/85/16’s are fantastic. I have over 20,000 miles on my set and they have between 12 and 13/32’s (more than half life) left. `$164 each on Amazon, delivered in 2 days...

At least now I have a matching spare... took driver rear and replaced my old 285/75/16 MT spare. Massive weight difference between my old 285/75/16’s (10 ply) vs the 255/85/18’s (8 ply). My opinion, these Maxxis are the perfect tire for this truck - perfect size, weight, and price.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Finally got the OME ARB leaf spring liner kits and interleaf liners. My springs, CS150R with AAL (CS151R now) from the start, make a stupid amount of noise. So far, the liner kits can be installed somewhat easy and with the springs on the truck. Tomorrow, I’ll do the interleaf liners which can also be put in with the leafs installed. Few pics attached. Also, my driver side had basically no liners left.

parts came from Desert Rat Offroad. Shipping was insane, took months to get here. Paid over $20 for shipping and the total order was $32.52. Part numbers:
Old Man Emu by ARB SRBC60B Interleaf Liners
Old Man Emu by ARB CLK33D Liner Clip Service Kit

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Been a while since I’ve done anything. Few small updates:
ADO Cam bolt delete - freaking awesome, highly recommend.
HiLift Mount for the Tacoma works for the unistrut.

I’ve been on a huge tool buying frenzy. I got aboard the Knipex/Milwaukee train and was already in the Klien train... Also Veto Pro.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts