Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got around to my 2nd attempt at installing my Volant CAI with Powercore dry filter today in my '10.. I initially tried Wednesday when it arrived but realized I was going to run out of daylight so I waited until today. It seemed to go as well as could be expected.. Had to enlarge two of the holes to mount the box, and mounting the horn was a royal pain.. Anyway, put everything back together.. Did the accelerator pedal reset/throttle reset/idle air volume reset.. Drove it around for a while, things are settling back down with the computer..

Anyway.. I just ran out to the store and I noticed when I came back that I smelled some oil from the engine compartment.. I didn't take a look under the hood yet - I'll do it tomorrow morning.. But was wondering if that could be tied to the Volant in some way.. The only thing that comes to mind that could be related to the Volant is if it was sucking oil back from the breather tube.. Is that possible or likely?

Rick

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have mentioned -- its a Powercore dry filter.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I am thinking that it is just the computer learning and running rich or something with some extra blow-by.

I would check under the hood tomorrow thou just to be sure.

It could just be the valve cover cracked and is leaking oil onto the header, lol. I doubt it but it has happened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts