Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and think I found my answer but just want to make sure

In my 05 Frontier my oil pressure gauge pegged out high after I locked my keys in truck with ignition on but motor not running and before this incident it was working fine so is my oil pressure sender shot? I dont want the dummy gauge I liked mine that has a better moving reading

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
got mine repaired today, mine now works again and doesnt look like the dummy one. my guage dropps down the about 1/4 when the truck warms up an at idle. before that its about at half, and pressing gas brings it up a bit.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so is this a yes I need to get a new sending unit?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I just replaced mine. It is called a OIL PRESSURE SENSOR by Nissan. It costs like $60 and takes ten mins to replace. My gauge works like before now.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where exactly is the sensor located on the motor?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Anyone with a newer truck ever replace this sensor with the 05 unit to see if it makes the gage work right?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So nobody can tell me where on the motor the sensor is?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i picked up the sensor finally off back order so where is it located at on the motor?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
page 7.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not the in cab dash guage but the actual sensor on the motor

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found it took some pictures I'll post later for others to refrence just my luck the biggest socket I have is a 22mm and its too small looks like I'll be socket hunting later

1 - 14 of 14 Posts