Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing the first oil change on my new to me 2006 frontier 6cyl and I was just breezing through it as I've done countless others but once I was finished and checking for leaks I noticed my new crush washer wasn't sitting flat like the previous one did. I torqued to 27ftlb and rechecked it twice but it just isn't flattening out. Anyone have any suggestions? The bolt was originally on really tight and I needed my impact driver to get it off. Threads are good though.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
If it's not leaking, I wouldn't worry or tighten it any more. I have had them slightly crooked on the bolt before and have never had a leak.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
If it is not leaking your fine. Plus there is no pressure there.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Inspect it next time you have it off. Make sure you have 2 good mating surfaces that are clean.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not leaking. I'll keep an eye on it.
I did check to make sure all surfaces were clean before installing it. Everything looked good, but I'll give it a better inspection next oil change. I installed this one the same way the original(one side flat, other side rounded) was installed but I wonder if Nissan installed it upside down and just drilled it down until it crushed fully. It really seemed over tight when I was trying to remove it.
Thanks all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts