Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
My question is how would you even know if you are getting full synthetic, 0w-20 or synthetic which is what they will put in if you don’t elaborate on full synthetic. They pump it out of barrels.. who knows what it is..

The thing is with the warranty.. they may be putting the wrong oil in the whole term of your warranty doing damage that they won’t own up to after warranty is out!
Damage Already Done

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My question is how would you even know if you are getting full synthetic, 0w-20 or synthetic which is what they will put in if you don’t elaborate on full synthetic. They pump it out of barrels.. who knows what it is..

The thing is with the warranty.. they may be putting the wrong oil in the whole term of your warranty doing damage that they won’t own up to after warranty is out!
Damage Already Done
That's what I was thinking. They just throw in whatever oil and when the warranty is up and damage is done they will stick me with the bill and find some excuse not to warranty it.

·
Premium Member
2019 Frontier SV 4X4 CC A/T 2.5" lift
78 Posts
Nissan brand oils are ExxonMobil oils. So, 40 bucks if you do it yourself, and no more headaches ever again.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
any oil on the market that contains either a 20 or a 30 will never hurt your motor as long as it has an SN rating on the label. It doesn't matter if its 0-30,10-30,5-30,5-20,10-20,none of them can cause any damage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for the help everyone! I went back this morning and told them to switch it out or give me a refund. They switched it out while I watched. This experience confirmed my previous thoughts about dealerships. I will be doing the work myself from now on!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your warranty should not be at issue with the dealer recording the oil change. Winter is on the way and the lighter oil could become a benefit these next few months. If you have any worry, you could add some oil stabilzer to make sure it coats well. Lucas has one I like and I believe that STP and Rislone have stabilizer additives

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
If the dealership put the oil in,,,,,,,, there is absolutely no way your warranty is in jeopardy,,,,
If all of your oil changes are done at a Nissan dealer, I would agree with that.
But what about that rap that develops shortly after the warranty?
Or the following changes are not done by a third party. Nissan can claim the oil wasn't changed.
Your receipts prove you bought oil, they don't prove it went into this vehicle.
Zero weight oil is too thin, don't use it. You're much better off with 10w-30 than 0w-30.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts