Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am planning on making the trek up from Columbus to Southington this Saturday, 2/1. I am not sure if anyone else is interested in also going so I thought I would toss out an invite.

Cheers

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'm driving down to Ohio on Friday. If I was leaving earlier, I would love to join you.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Im intriqued...tell me more.

this would be this weekend. so kinda short notice.. its a 2.5 hour drive for me from Lima to cleveland. i am interested as to what sort of park this is. how many might attend..what the costs would be. Can you give any insight into that?

edit...OOPS. not familiar with the state. apparently its cleveland, not Cincy...my bad guys

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
check out their site - Southington OffRoad

looks like they have a event this weekend:

What: Jeep/ 4x4 Offroad Event

Costs: One Day Pass: $25 Vehicle / Driver and $5 per Passenger
Weekend Pass: $40 Vehicle / Driver and $5 per Passenger
Children 15 years and under are FREE!

Where: 10321 Silica Sand Rd
Garrettsville, OH 44231

When: Feb 1, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Description: WE NOW HAVE CHANGED THE DATE TO SATURDAY ONLY!!!!!!!

We hope everyone had a GREAT HOLIDAY and we WELCOME you back to the 2014 Offroad Season!

January 31 - CLOSED
February 1 - Trails open at 9 a.m. - dusk / Registration starts at 9 a.m. in the cabin
Day Passes must exit the park at dusk
February 2 - CLOSED

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks JB for pasting in the info. Yes it is between Akron and Youngstown, so it is about 2.5-3 hrs for me to drive in from Columbus. I apologize to everyone for not including it in my OP.

They are typically open from Friday afternoon through Sunday on the first weekend of the month. The trails range in difficulty from pretty easy to rock crawling that requires quite a bit of suspension articulation. I have been several times with my Jeeps and with my Fronty. My first time with the Fronty I was totally stock without any skids. You don't need any recovery gear as long as you have some recovery points such as tow hook and hitch with a d-link mount. There are plenty of folks who have the gear and can help get you out. There are also a bunch of folks who work there that are out on patrol to help also. They can guide to to area that you can get through and areas to avoid. For beginners and stock vehicles there are plenty of trails and obstacles to go through without much risk.

For me the only downside is the 2.5-3 hr drive each way. So I only tend to go a few times per year.

Sean

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Thanks JB for pasting in the info. Yes it is between Akron and Youngstown, so it is about 2.5-3 hrs for me to drive in from Columbus. I apologize to everyone for not including it in my OP.

They are typically open from Friday afternoon through Sunday on the first weekend of the month. The trails range in difficulty from pretty easy to rock crawling that requires quite a bit of suspension articulation. I have been several times with my Jeeps and with my Fronty. My first time with the Fronty I was totally stock without any skids. You don't need any recovery gear as long as you have some recovery points such as tow hook and hitch with a d-link mount. There are plenty of folks who have the gear and can help get you out. There are also a bunch of folks who work there that are out on patrol to help also. They can guide to to area that you can get through and areas to avoid. For beginners and stock vehicles there are plenty of trails and obstacles to go through without much risk.

For me the only downside is the 2.5-3 hr drive each way. So I only tend to go a few times per year.

Sean
No problem! this is one of the parks i want to check out some time when i have a full weekend. its a 12 hour drive for me so maybe this summer i can meet you guys out there if its planned at least a month in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you guys want some more locals to wheel with join our group Rock Ready Offroad. Its a secret group so you would have to send me a friend request(Bill Brandyberry) stating who you are from here and I'll add you. We go to Southington and other places quite often along with meet and greets every once in a while. Anything with 4wd is welcome.
I went to Southington a handful of times last year with a 100% stock suspension and drove home every time. There is a little bit of everything there. I'm not up for these winter snowy trail rides myself. Better chance of body damage in the extra slippery conditions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts