Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The documentation for the Lemon Law prosecution must show a dealer performed the evaluation. I would be straightforward in taking the video and explain the purpose is for LL. The independent shop can be useful as an "expert witness" who will listen to the engine and render his opinion. Capture this all on tape. It is not too early to bone up on the LL in your State. You only have so many months.

Sometimes the owner has car rental insurance for the purposes of loaner cars. Maybe it will work for the overnight exam.

I am still trying wrap my head around the need for the overnight. Didn't the OP say the noise is only when the engine is heat soaked?
No, it seems to be better when heat soaked, if it's just warm 5-10 miles it's pretty noisy, to me, but then I have had it since it had 7 miles on it, so I can really tell how different it has become.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's possible it could be your fuel delivery system. Shuddering is often caused by incorrect detonation freon the wrong amount of fuel or air getting to the cylinders. If you can, try changing out the fuel filter, pump, injectors, or rails. As well as the air filter. Or suggest that to the dealer if you end up taking it back. I couldn't hear the video so you might have a different problem than I'm thinking, but those fixes are all fairly cheap and easy. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It's possible it could be your fuel delivery system. Shuddering is often caused by incorrect detonation freon the wrong amount of fuel or air getting to the cylinders. If you can, try changing out the fuel filter, pump, injectors, or rails. As well as the air filter. Or suggest that to the dealer if you end up taking it back. I couldn't hear the video so you might have a different problem than I'm thinking, but those fixes are all fairly cheap and easy. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!
I dunno Maverick. The fuel pump is in the gas tank. If a mechanic were to change out the fuel delivery system, it would be over $1.5k.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I need some help on uploading a video here, can it even be done? Thanks !

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dunno Maverick. The fuel pump is in the gas tank. If a mechanic were to change out the fuel delivery system, it would be over $1.5k.
Yeah, sorry, I was thinking if he did the repairs himself. It's a fair amount of work, but generally not too difficult. Admittedly, I don't know the exact process on a D40, but usually it's just a few bolts and disconnecting some hoses.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry to hear this. It's extremely frustrating when you buy a new vehicle and there is something potentially wrong with it. Getting rid of it now would probably cost you a good amount unless you put a good amount down. On the bright side, make them fix it or at least identify the issue. It may be something not that significant. Keep us posted.

I wasn't able to watch the video on FB or YouTube.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just an idea...find a local independent shop that knows Nissan's/Frontiers or is otherwise respected and ask them to put a stethoscope on the motor or otherwise provide a professional opinion on what you might be dealing with? Pretty difficult to get good advice on a forum with a sound clip - you'll get a lot of meaningless chase your tail info IMHO. Pay the local guy for an hour (or less?) of his time and he'll probably be happy to help (and it will take him 5 minutes so if he isn't too busy he might just do you a favor). Then, take that info to the stealership when you drop it off and give them an 'I think it might be xyz...but, what do you fools think?'

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Just an idea...find a local independent shop that knows Nissan's/Frontiers or is otherwise respected and ask them to put a stethoscope on the motor or otherwise provide a professional opinion on what you might be dealing with? Pretty difficult to get good advice on a forum with a sound clip - you'll get a lot of meaningless chase your tail info IMHO. Pay the local guy for an hour (or less?) of his time and he'll probably be happy to help (and it will take him 5 minutes so if he isn't too busy he might just do you a favor). Then, take that info to the stealership when you drop it off and give them an 'I think it might be xyz...but, what do you fools think?'
Yes, I'm planning on doing so, this along with my oil analysis should help tell the tale.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts