Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast Presents:

Uwharrie NOAS Fall Run 2008

When:
Friday, October 8th through Sunday, October 10th
Where:
Uwharrie National Forrest - Troy, NC
Who:
Anyone with a Nissan is invited to come, paid member or not. MUST BE ATLEAST 18 YEARS OLD.
Cost:
$5 a day / $30 a year
Passes can be bought at the following locations:
  • Donnie Mullinix Store – Hwy 109, Uwharrie
  • Eldorado Outpost – Hwy 109, Uwharrie
  • Swift Island BP – Hwy 24/27 and River Road
  • Jake's Store – Hwy 109, Troy, NC
Camping/Lodging:
camping at Deep Water Horse Camp as we have in previous years.
Trails:
Uwharrie has trails of varying difficulty, easy to modified. Most trails have hard lines and bypasses for those who are up for the challenge. Runs and a trail schedule will be decided upon Friday evening. We will break down into groups to avoid trail congestion.
Easy trails: Passable by most stock Nissans*
Modified: Lift or 31” tires recommended*
(Stock Hardbody should be OK. Stock R50 might have issues)
Difficult: Lift, aggressive tires, winch recommended*
Extreme: Lift, tires, winch, lack of concern for damage*
*Keep in mind that you will be taking your vehicle over rough terrain and will be taking the chance of damage including body damage, rocker panel dents, tree limb scratches, under body damage, etc.
Weather:
The weather in NC can be unpredictable. Always be prepared for the worse. Due to the time of year this even is scheduled it is possible that it will get cold at night or even during the day so bring adequate clothing and sleeping gear. We advise checking the weather before you leave in the chance that extra preparation is needed for rain or freezing conditions. We are die-hard wheelers and won't call off the event unless there are extremely bad weather conditions called for.

Troy, NC Weather
CB and FRS:
CB is the preferred method of on trail communication. FRS can be used but has a very limited range compared to CB. Channel will be determined on site to ensure we can pick a quiet one.
Directions:
The best address for directions is:
ElDorado Outpost
4021 NC 109
Troy, NC 27371

Other Info:
Many of us like to get there Thursday night to setup camp and socialize around the camp fire. Everyone is more than welcome to be there early and join in on the fun!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
looking forward to it!

·
Registered
431 Posts
im game ill jus be a little cause of school is that ok?

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
mike if I can get my junk on a trailer can I come down with my XJ?

for all others with nissans GO to this run URE is a great place to wheel and its a good time hanging out with every one at the camp fire after the run

·
Registered
1,821 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
you'll just be a little what?
haha right now tired but my last class is over @ 3:30 friday so i couldnt leave SC til about 4

·
Registered
578 Posts
why do you have to be 18? Its like two weeks before my bday

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
You bastards. I'll be deployed once again....

I just spent the day up there again, yesterday. Ran Dutch John, Dickey Bell, Rocky Mountain Loop and Falls Dam. Suffered a little bit of dents here and there, none on the body panels. My sliders sure do take a toll up there.

If you don't have sliders, you might want to get some before heading up there.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I should be able to make this run this year.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
How about skid plates? Do they get banged up as much as the sliders do? Will my stock Nismo skid plates suffice?

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
you'll want more then the paper thin skids on there for some of the harder trails

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
How about skid plates? Do they get banged up as much as the sliders do? Will my stock Nismo skid plates suffice?
Engine skid takes quite a bit of abuse. T-case skid has a few scratches, but then again, I think my truck sits much higher than yours so you might hit more stuff then I do. If anything, buy atleast an engine skid from NXRocks and you should have it long before the run.

On the easy trails, every obstacle has a bypass. The moderate trails usually do too, but not always. As for the difficult and extremely difficult trails, the bypasses are sometimes harder than the obstacle. If you take a rig on a difficult or higher, expect some sort of damage because it will happen.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why do you have to be 18? Its like two weeks before my bday
If your parent or guardian is with you then someone under the age of 18 is allow.

·
Registered
578 Posts
If your parent or guardian is with you then someone under the age of 18 is allow.
my parents have no interest in stuff like this, ill probably just go kill some bambis that weekend.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I recommend this run to anyone who has or may have any interest in camping and wheeling. I have never had a bad time at uwharrie and I always look forward to the next time.

Sangster you should be fine but paying attention to the spotter is very important. IrishSaint on the NOAS board ripped his lower oil pan almost completely off of the aluminum portion of the oil pan.(we had to remove it and beat it back into shape and reseal it on the trail) He has a front spacer aal and 3inch bl. Having the engine skid would probably be the best thing you could do for armoring up your truck. You won't really be hitting the bumpers to much unless you get into the moderate trails.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
ok, will do. I'm going to order the NXRocks engine and t-case skid. I'll wait to get a better radiator skid when I decide which front bumper i get. Gas tank skid and trans skid will be later. I don't care about my stock bumpers (other than being concerned about my rear bedsides if i were to tag my rear bumper on the ends), they'll both be replaced eventually and my front bumper is banged up already anyway.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Alrighty....ordered the NXRocks engine and t-case skids today. He assures me that they will be completed and delivered in enough time so I can install them prior to this NOAS run. Woo hoo!

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
I'm sure you'll have them in plenty of time. Remy is a great guy to deal with and he has outstanding customer service. I actually had mine sitting in the garage longer than it took for Remy to make and ship them to me.

His products are quite amazing too, you'll be happy that they are easier on the wallet than shrock and you'll receive them in a legitimate amount of time.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I might be able to make it down. I'll know better as it gets closer.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you want a shirt you need to get on the NOAS forum and order it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts