Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You wont believe this but the day of reckoning may be getting closer. I just got off the phone with the Inspector from the NSW Office of Fair Trading and I am meeting him so he can inspect the truck tomorrow morning at 10.If he deems the report I had done to be true and correct then possibly its off to the Tribunal. Once I prove my case there then Nissan wont really get a say in it.
Fingers crossed kiddies my patience may pay off after all

Bad side is I have to clean the truck tonight and the weather is megga grap

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's Canberra, the weather is always mega crap :laugh:

Best of luck though, hope it all goes well for you.

Maybe it might wake Nissan up a bit and they will listen to what their customers are saying, but that might be expecting a bit too much hey.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey any excuse to wash the truck lol
Thanks guys appreciate your support.
Antz got to see some of the great quality tonight

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Good luck, can't wait to see an outcome on this (finally).

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Well? its either good news.. or no news lol

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
sorry guys have been busy with family stuff
I met with Craig from the NSW Office of Fair Trading and another inspector last week. They both agreed the colour of the front panels, the bonnet(hood) front left guard ( fender ) and front apron was definitely not correct.The paint on the left rear door was not of the same texture of any other panel. The left front door and rear 1/4 panel were also of a different finish to any other panels. The fact that basically both rear 1/4 panels are mirror like finish and the amount of peel in the other panels varies greatly.the paint peeling off the roof should require the complete turret be stripped to bare metal and repainted.
in short any repairs that Nissan has arranged to be done has been done in an un professional manner and has devalued the truck.
Craig has since contacted Nissan Australia and they are still stating it meets industry standards.They would not comment on the incorrect colour being used.
The manager for service at the dealership is away on leave till the 16th so am leaving things till he returns.
In short everyone who has inspected the truck has seen how bad the repairs have been carried out .
Even the guys from fair trading agree this will end up in a fair trading tribunal as Nissan doesnt seem to care about the low quality of repairs.
I will be getting as many written reports as I can about what people see has been done including current valuations. I will be going to dealerships from Ford Toyota Holden and anyone else I can find to get them to give me valuations etc.
Then its off to any of the good paint shops in town for quotes for complete strip down resprays, interior removed ,new seals and glass out .
The tribunal however will only be deciding on repairs of the truck. To get compensation etc will require a trip to normal court.Nissan would not have to supply me with a vehicle of similar type and size either. I will be getting medical certificates to state I require both legroom and height.
However am thinking that if I get a ruling in my favour then it will be very easy to goto the press and see what sort of pressure I can put on Nissan from that way. Either that or we try to organise a huge group of Navara's to visit Melbourne (Head Office) with Press coverage and see how they react to that lol.

Well looks like I have rattled some cages somewhere. Just spoke with a guy from the workshop who did my truck in the first place. They rang me from Melbourne.He said he wasnt aware of the issues at all.
I told him he could speak to the guys from Fair trading for a fair and honest assessment .He is going to be ringing Nissan again tomorrow then ring me back

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi Aussie, it's great to see there is some movement and that a few cages are being rattled. Keep the pressure on, you never know, they might just break. If not, I'm sure there will plently of people willing to rock up out front of head office in their Navaras

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
You are very patient my man.

If anyone deserves getting new paint all around you sure do.

The very best of luck to you and your new black, freshly painted truck!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im just standing up for whats right .
I paid just on $40,000 for a truck thats all one colour and finish and thats what I want . No show pony just what I paid for.
If more people did it and didnt bow down to businesses just pushing us in the direction they way then we wouldnt get such a bad deal.
I really appreciate all your support guys and trust me without your good words of encouragement I would have caved months ago.
Bout time we taught then what Customer service should be

·
Registered
185 Posts
d*mn right

i miss stories about companies going out of their way to keep their promise and do what's right.

too bad we have to fight for that right now :/

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lates Update stardate 324o57346i3452i34i3/1

I spoke with dealership this afternoon and the Service Analyst agreed with what everyone else is saying that the paintwork is way below standard.
Now the fun bit
The Service Manager is on leave and supposedly has been instructed by Nissan Melbourne as to what is to be done with the truck as far as repairs go.
Ok so he isnt contactable so I try to contact the person who supossedly made these decisions. Strangely enough they cant tell me whats going on or wont.
Have asked the dealership to pass on a simple message. If I havent heard what is going on by close of business on Monday when the guy gets back from leave then I am going to formally lodge the complaint with the Tribunal. From there Nissan has no choice but to attend or the Tribunal will award everything in my favour uncontested.
So where we are at exactly.
Nissans own customer service rep at the dealership has seen this go from bad to worse since day 1. She told me this afternoon as soon as she saw the amount of inclusions in the paint she thought to herself they are going to screw this up. Well sure enough they have.
So by 16:01 on Monday there will either be in writing a letter from Nissan saying they will fix their screwed up paint or I will have lodged with the Tribunal and in short Nissan will being going to court .

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 25 Posts