Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 438 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
its been a while since i have talked about this, so here it is. i have completed the turbo mount and wastgate setup, i have everthing i will need to complete the project. including blow off valve and larger 550cc injectors. next week is week i have an appointment to drop off my rig at suprior racing development(Superior Racing Development (SRD)) they sepecialize in 350z's so i know they can do this. when there they will install the whole kit including injecotrs and uprev osiris. this should all be done in a matter of a 3 weeks.

i will be there as much as i can. i would do the install myself however some family issues have came up and i will not have any time soon, i know alot of you have been waiting for this for a long time. and its comming!

i plan to run about 6-7 psi, that should put me about 330whp clean, and with uprev i will have wot restiction disabled.

i also spend all day today cutting and fitting the charge pipe to go from the throttle body to the underbody. all together its about 5 feel of piping. ilcuding the greddy blow off valve. i marked and numbered the pipe sections from the throttle body so it will be alot faster for them to install it, resulting in cheaper costs.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
wow cant wait to see this. this is defitnly a first. what are you going to do about trans and rear?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i beleive the trans and rear will hold. the trans is plenty strong enough, but the rear. well wel will se, a m206 swap couldnt hurt haha

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
yes m226 with trutrac... i see that in the not too distant future. are you 2wd?

anyway this should be nothing short of amazing.. cant wait.

·
Registered
303 Posts
nice work! can't wait to see more pics

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i am 2wd, my x never sees the dirt and i dont plan on that. and thank you! i cant wait either. ill gt some more up in a few days.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Only 330whp out of a 4.0L @ 6-7psi?? That's about what a VQ35DE puts down at that same boost, maybe a bit more, depending on the F/I kit. You may have to build your AT trans (if that's what you got) by getting an upgraded valvebody. In for updates :)

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Looking forward to progress but isnt your tire going to be hitting the charge pipe going through the fender well like that? Isnt there a spot where inside the frame it can go?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Looking forward to progress but isnt your tire going to be hitting the charge pipe going through the fender well like that? Isnt there a spot where inside the frame it can go?
I was thinking the same thing... and what are you doing for the oil and water lines for the turbo?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That pic of the tire issue was only a mock up and ill get a new pic up the final location. I had to cut the fender and take the pipe threw it. And yes I could use a stronger tranny

·
Registered
872 Posts
Subscribed! The real question is will this get done before Andy's VK swap and BRUTAL's new internals...

·
Registered
178 Posts
looks like its going to be one hell of a ride.. hope to see videos soon

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Only 330whp out of a 4.0L @ 6-7psi?? That's about what a VQ35DE puts down at that same boost, maybe a bit more, depending on the F/I kit. You may have to build your AT trans (if that's what you got) by getting an upgraded valvebody. In for updates :)
if you notice, a z makes 305 to the crank stock. we make 261-265 to the crank. you really cant compare the two, well you can but you cant. the 3.5 has hotter cams then we do. the 3.5 has 10.6:, and we have 9:7 so as you can see they would benefit greater. and 330-340 hp to the rear is unheard of so far from a vq40de.

I was thinking the same thing... and what are you doing for the oil and water lines for the turbo?
xact dyno in tempe az is doing all that. im not using water, im going with oil. i have a 12 volt high flow oil pump and steel braided lines. pickup will be tapped and the return will be to the oil pan.

ill get a new pick of the pipe in the wheel well

looks good man , ill have to come out to the track with Natalie one of these days so we can get some video of you
yes! ill pm you when i will go out once this is done! natalie your girl??

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
sweeeeeet - Seen some guys make good power with the STS kits!

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Cool, I wanna see this finished.

Then we'll need to see:
1) dyno sheet(s)
2) track slip(s)
3) video(s)
4) picture of your huge smile after the project is done

Okay, just the first three would be sufficient. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Subscribed! The real question is will this get done before Andy's VK swap and BRUTAL's new internals...
well that should be easy since mines not going back together until after my D is final. A non running truck is not worth much "community" property...I have everything done and all parts now, but no reason to finish at this time..finishing now could easily cost me $1000's

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well that should be easy since mines not going back together until after my D is final. A non running truck is not worth much "community" property...I have everything done and all parts now, but no reason to finish at this time..finishing now could easily cost me $1000's
wow, that wouldnt be good, i plan to have ths all wrapped up by the 27th. "hoping" i take the truck in 0n the 22 and im going to the track on the 27th. thats when i will post time slips, vidoes, dynocharts, and a smile haha

1 - 20 of 438 Posts