Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my husband has a 07 4x4 KC NISMO he modified (and is still modifiying!) -see below. His latest wish list item is off road seats. So he can basically do anything himself. And I thought I'd try to get some info for him regarding the subject, but didn't really see any previous threads about taking out the NISMO seats in the KC and replacing them w/ off road seats. We're thinking the Corbeau Baja suspension seats (XP if memory serves me correctly). So we do have a headache rack and he's also working on a fab plan regarding welding some tubes inside the cab for support that would attach to the seats. Guess, he also needs to disconnect (maybe remove?) the passenger air bag/switch. Then also he'll get the five point harness for the seats but then that pesky seat belt light will remain on all the time.

I guess my questions are does anyone have any opinion about which off road seats in particular? And any recommendations regarding the air bag issue?

We do lots of wheeling, fast paced desert running combined with slow paced mountain wheeling during all times of the year. It's kinda like he built the ulitmate baja chase truck.

Thanks for any advise/opinions!!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
..that pesky seat belt light will remain on all the time..
^just unplug the connector(s) under the seat(s); the light goes out.

Sorry, not much knowlege on the seat issue. G/L!

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
foxtrot, you know you can't come by here without posting some update pictures of the truck.:)

Since you guys do high speed stuff I would just disconnect the entire airbag computer. Hate to have the airbags go off after a jump.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Id like to see what some racing seats look like in a king cab

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I dont think that you need to undo the airbag plug. When I pulled out my passenger interior, I didnt have to do that to take anything out. Just my experience tho.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
as far as the air bag, you have a few options.

remove the sensor and ditch it. this will throw your airbag light and should keep the airbag from deploying since the system will see a fault. if i remember correctly, any fault in the airbag system will keep them from deploying no matter what. you might want to call your local nissan tech and verify that though.

or you could bypass the sensor, making the truck think someone is sitting in both seats at all times. might make the passenger airbag go off without a passenger which would be another thing to replace if/when it ever deploys.

or you could fab up a bracket to mount the sensor to. this would take the most work, probably a little trial and error, but keep the airbag system working as intended.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
foxtrot, you know you can't come by here without posting some update pictures of the truck.:)

Since you guys do high speed stuff I would just disconnect the entire airbag computer. Hate to have the airbags go off after a jump.
I knew I'd get called on that Mike!! Truth is I'm usually posting from work so I always gotta make it fast. I know my husband would love for me to post recent pics of his truck on here. I think you guys would love it!

Thanks guys for the input so far. I think racing seats in the KC would look awesome. He has the guts pulled out of the KC area anyway for the fabricated baby seat factor. Interesting feedback on the airbags; I'll bring it home to the hubby tonight...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts