Nissan Frontier Forum banner

OEM trailer hitch and 7 pin plug harness availability

18K views 133 replies 28 participants last post by  Millerj87 
#1 ·
I just called Tynan's Nissan parts guy where I bought my Frontier. The good... the OEM hitch is only $240 and the hitch plug/harness is only $95. The bad....he has no idea when he will be able to get them. Supply chain issue. Talked with him for awhile. I asked if he has any Nissan or Frontier hats. Nada... same supply issue. Really! I have a stack of TRD and Tundra hats, tees. I can't use them in public anymore driving a Frontier! I got myself 1st on the call list when the hitch and harness gets in......and freakin hats. "Jeff" told me to come down and have a chat and see what he does have in stock. Done deal there. I became good friends with my local Yota dealer parts guy and gal. Never had to buy parts. Hats! I recommend folks here that recently bought a 22 to personally hit up your local dealer parts "person". Bring em pizza. Just sayin....

#3 ·
Supply chain issue is probably why you see so many "TOW PACKAGE DELETE" on so many models, even the pro-x and pro 4-x.

View attachment 337274
Thanks for that! I just checked window sticker. "Trailer Sway Control", "Tow/Haul Switch". I already tried out the Tow Haul mode and it does change throttle mapping while in that mode. Both of my Tundras had it too. Needless to say...I'm not seeing the Tow Package "delete" Just left a voicemail with Tynan's that I will be in tomorrow to address this issue! Thanks...

#5 ·
Tynan's is a great outfit and the dealer you're talking about is where my '05 came from. Unfortunately the Tynan's in Fort Collins closed and is a different dealer now, still Nissan. I have no idea what happened there. I've always found them to be really great people. But I work on my own vehicle so I've never gotten any service from them.

#11 ·
I have a 2022 PRO-X. Took it to a local after market shop. They installed a frame trailer hitch and lights, total of $450 parts and labor. I'm pretty sure the hitch was a previous model year it fit with no mods. And I know the wiring harness was from a previous model year and it plugged in to my 2022 and works fine in the same locations as the previous years. Two parts, one harness plugs in the rear and one harness behind the passengers foot well. Very easy to install yourself. All just plug and play.

#14 ·
The only downside I foresee to reusing 2021 stuff is that the 2021 hitch has a plain 7-way and mounts it below the bumper, on the hitch. The 2022 stuff is a combo 4 and 7 way plug, and installs into the rear bumper. So you kind of lose some nice clean looks and functionality there. But if you need to tow, and the parts aren't available, well.....not a lot can be done there.

When parts become available, I am probably going to pick up the 2022 wiring harness and try to recess it into my 2nd gen bumper. Would be pretty awesome to have the third gen setup on a second gen, all factory. I don't like not having a 4 way with the 2nd gen OEM plug and I don't like it mounted below the bumper.

#15 ·
I do have a question though. All these trucks coming without hitches and wiring....are they shipping with a hole in the bumper that you can punch out if you want to install the OE wiring later? Wondering how the people not getting a hitch now will end up with a nice clean oval hole later.

#50 ·
UPS finally showed up about 30 minutes ago. The driver struggled a bit carefully carrying the "box" the hitch was in. Was easy to see the hitch since part of it was hanging out. Ha!
He took picks. I took pics. Not UPS's fault. I know....unusual. The hitch was "packed" with some paper. Gets worse. Wrong hitch! This was an Amazon Warehouse return. Not a big deal because it's a freaking hitch. Long story short. I called Amazon customer service. $ refunded and got an extra $20 tossed in for my inconvenience. Just ordered a new 75282 from Draw-Tite on Amazon. The extra $20 covers tax and a bit leftover. Geese Louise! I'm too old for this nonsense.
Wood Shipping box Grass Automotive exterior Tints and shades
Brown Wood World Tints and shades Art
Automotive design Art Tints and shades Tar Asphalt
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle door

#53 ·
That totally sucks!!!! wonder why they sent an amazon warehouse return. Was that your selection at order?

UPS finally showed up about 30 minutes ago. The driver struggled a bit carefully carrying the "box" the hitch was in. Was easy to see the hitch since part of it was hanging out. Ha!
He took picks. I took pics. Not UPS's fault. I know....unusual. The hitch was "packed" with some paper. Gets worse. Wrong hitch! This was an Amazon Warehouse return. Not a big deal because it's a freaking hitch. Long story short. I called Amazon customer service. $ refunded and got an extra $20 tossed in for my inconvenience. Just ordered a new 75282 from Draw-Tite on Amazon. The extra $20 covers tax and a bit leftover. Geese Louise! I'm too old for this nonsense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.