Nissan Frontier Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Got mine today. Absolutely no packing. A big 35 piece of raw metal. Scratched, banged up, bent. You'd think at least some cardboard wrapped around the ends to protect the paint from chipping off. Going back. UPS will pick this crap back up. Poor part on Amazon.

·
Registered
368 Posts
UPS came and picked up the damaged steps today. Not ordering from Amazon again, that's for sure. Not sure etrailer would send them any better packaged or not. Totally unacceptable for the paint to be chipped off the ends, and scuff marks all over.

·
Premium Member
2022 SV CC 4X4, Glacier White
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
UPS came and picked up the damaged steps today. Not ordering from Amazon again, that's for sure. Not sure etrailer would send them any better packaged or not. Totally unacceptable for the paint to be chipped off the ends, and scuff marks all over.
Yeah, my 2nd hitch had a 5 or 6 degree offset at the receiver. WTF? I was able to square it up but still sucks having to do that. It's prolly best to simply go to U Haul and pick one up. Hard to pack these up without UPS or FedX fracking it up.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah, my 2nd hitch had a 5 or 6 degree offset at the receiver. WTF? I was able to square it up but still sucks having to do that. It's prolly best to simply go to U Haul and pick one up. Hard to pack these up without UPS or FedX fracking it up.
Does UHAUL have the same kind we ordered off Amazon?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Most likely. They don't make their own hitches. Prolly made by Draw-Tite or Reese or Curt. All made in China at the same factory.
Comparable priced to the one on Amazon? thought about ordering the one from etrailer, but it was coming from Missouri. Probably no better packing.

Reactions: White Wolf

·
Registered
368 Posts
Appears the one at UHAUL is the same one on Amazon!!! Looks identical and install video is the same.

Hitch type$134.95 – 2" Rec – Square Tube$179.95 – 2" Rec – Square Tube
Cequent Performance Products is the manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Appears the one at UHAUL is the same one on Amazon!!! Looks identical and install video is the same.

Not a big markup at all! Do it!

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·

Here's my setup. Ball receiver is slightly off kilter. Not much to fret over.
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
368 Posts
And this appears to be the complete wiring harnesses.....

Gadget Eyewear Font Cable Electronic device

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·

·
Registered
368 Posts

Appears it mounts on a bracket up underneath, not on the knockout on the bumper.

It snaps directly onto the connector underneath the drivers side rear.

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive mirror Automotive design
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Carmine Cable

·
Registered
'22 Frontier Pro-4x
20 Posts
Finally got mine on but had to make a post in the wiring section because the Hopkins 4/7 pin plugged in, all the relays are there from factory... I have turn signals and brake lights but NO running lights. Can't figure out why I've got no power to the brown wire.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Finally got mine on but had to make a post in the wiring section because the Hopkins 4/7 pin plugged in, all the relays are there from factory... I have turn signals and brake lights but NO running lights. Can't figure out why I've got no power to the brown wire.
did you flip the switch to auto or on for lights ?

81 - 100 of 112 Posts