Nissan Frontier Forum banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,721 Posts
I just called Tynan's Nissan parts guy where I bought my Frontier. The good... the OEM hitch is only $240 and the hitch plug/harness is only $95. The bad....he has no idea when he will be able to get them. Supply chain issue. Talked with him for awhile. I asked if he has any Nissan or Frontier hats. Nada... same supply issue. Really! I have a stack of TRD and Tundra hats, tees. I can't use them in public anymore driving a Frontier! I got myself 1st on the call list when the hitch and harness gets in......and freakin hats. "Jeff" told me to come down and have a chat and see what he does have in stock. Done deal there. I became good friends with my local Yota dealer parts guy and gal. Never had to buy parts. Hats! I recommend folks here that recently bought a 22 to personally hit up your local dealer parts "person". Bring em pizza. Just sayin....
I made friends with the parts manager years ago, I text him what I need and a bit later he texts or calls with availability and prices. I do buy him lunches or breakfasts etc. He will actually buy me parts as an employee with his name and home address on the receipt. See it pays to be nice.

Clint

Reactions: White Wolf

·
Premium Member
2022 SV CC 4X4, Glacier White
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
I made friends with the parts manager years ago, I text him what I need and a bit later he texts or calls with availability and prices. I do buy him lunches or breakfasts etc. He will actually buy me parts as an employee with his name and home address on the receipt. See it pays to be nice.

Clint
My new parts guy gave me a freebie koozie and a lunch box for my grandson. Nissan actually has lunch boxes with vintage Datsun cars on them . Mine has a B210!
Automotive tire Cylinder Gas Drink Composite material

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
Looks good! And that’s a class iv? Rated for 6700lb or whatever the towing limit for the truck is?
III/IV
  • "Rated Up To 5,000 lbs. Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) And Up To 750 lbs. Tongue Weight (TW)
  • Suitable For Use With Weight Distribution Hitch Up To 8,000 lbs. Weight Distribution (WD) And 800 lbs. Weight Distribution Tongue Weight (WDTW)"

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
If you have a helper... 10 minutes to bolt it on. You will need socket wrench with a 19mm socket. You'll need a 6" extension for one bolt. The tail pipe is slightly in the way.
Did yours come in a box from Amazon? Alot of negative reviews saying that their hitch came in no package just with a fedex sticker, and some have complained it was just wrapped in a brown paper......... Lots of scratches and bent in some reviews.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Did yours come in a box from Amazon? Alot of negative reviews saying that their hitch came in no package just with a fedex sticker, and some have complained it was just wrapped in a brown paper......... Lots of scratches and bent in some reviews.
Mine was wrapped up. Arrived in good condition. I had to touch up a couple minor spots that no one would see anyways. Hard to box up a hitch. You could go to the dealer and pay a $100 mark up once they get them in. Roll the dice.....

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mine was wrapped up. Arrived in good condition. I had to touch up a couple minor spots that no one would see anyways. Hard to box up a hitch. You could go to the dealer and pay a $100 mark up once they get them in. Roll the dice.....
10/28/2021
5:35 A.M.
On the Way
Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed.
Not good!

·
Registered
2020 Pro 4x 4x4 with way too many features
143 Posts
Any updates on the dual plug wiring harness?

61 - 80 of 112 Posts