Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so at the recommendation of nearly everyone here I got the OEM 7 pin trailer harness kit from Nissan. Install was a breeze. For the hitch I went with a Uhaul hitch because it got good reviews here, it's relatively cheap, and it was in stock.

My problem is this, my harness install instructions show mounting the 7 pin plug (the big roundish thing) to a bracket on the hitch which I assume is on the Nissan OEM hitch. My uhaul hitch has no such bracket. Eventually I plan on installing the plug through the bumper like other has, but I don't have the time right now. Has anyone else run into this and if so, how did you mount the plug?

·
Super Moderator
11,396 Posts
If you plan on drilling the bumper soon how about some zip ties to the hitch in the mean time? You could go to pep boys and buy a L shaped bracket to mount it on as well.

Clint

·
Super Moderator
19,932 Posts
Prior proper planning prevents...... Yes, the Nissan OEM receiver hitch has the mount for the 7 pin connector. I don't know what you paid for your U Haul receiver but I paid $155 for my Nissan receiver. If you don't have 30 minutes to an hour to install it in your bumper, you certainly have a lot on your plate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts