Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CC SV 4x4 Midnight
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy yall,
My oem tires are hankook 265 60 18 (2020 CC SV midnight). Anyone know if there are fitment/rubbing issues if i change to bfgoodrich all terrain KO2 of the same exact tire size?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
As long as they are P-metric, you'll be fine. If you get load range E, you might have rubbing issues simply because the tires don't squish down as far.

Side note, BFG A/Ts are the best sand tires I've used. However, they absolutely suck in the rain. I'd rather drive on highway tires with 4/32" tread than new BFG A/Ts.

·
Registered
2020 CC SV 4x4 Midnight
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh i see. I'll check on that. Great info 👍
Much obliged! Loving the forum! Thank you

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,914 Posts
Traction on my aggressive P-metric rated Duratracs is less than my old Kelly Edge ATs on asphalt. Not so bad as to be especially problematic, but noticeable in a few specific conditions.

·
Registered
2020 CC SV 4x4 Midnight
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes definitely leaning towards the GY DuraTracs. They seem to be the best alternative to the LT-rated bfg KO2. I'm looking to just swap the tires with no suspension lift w/ hopefully no fitment issues. So you'd recommend the DuraTracs ?

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,914 Posts
Yes definitely leaning towards the GY DuraTracs. They seem to be the best alternative to the LT-rated bfg KO2. I'm looking to just swap the tires with no suspension lift w/ hopefully no fitment issues. So you'd recommend the DuraTracs ?
I'm running essentially a 32" tall tire on stock suspension. P255/75R17. Yes, 17" wheel, a steel wheel that was the stock spare wheel on the earliest Frontiers that had the 17" allow wheels and was also used as a spare some years on the Xterra and Pathfinder. No spacers either.

I have less than a half-inch clearance when turning lock to lock. Caveat, I already removed the lower air deflector valence thing on the front bumper, the three piece thing. I have not tried putting it back on to see if it rubs or not. No rubbing at the back of the wheel well or at the wheel arch.

I went with the Duratracs in part because I saw them in use on a Jeep Cherokee that is built-up and weighs around 4700lb, which is about what my CC LWB Frontier weighs, and because it was one of the lightest weight tires. The 16" alloys with the Kellys shook all to hell and gone, the tires were very heavy and even a road-force balance couldn't get 'em quite right. There's barely any balance weights on the current wheels with the Duratracs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts