Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM thinkin this is a no brainer but I've been wrong before. I want to upgrade my OEM RF system in the truck and wanted to know if there would be any reason i couldn't place the some if not all the speakers I take out into my wifes '07 X. It would be a great upgrade for her if it works and save me too. Please someone chime in if you have any info on the subject.

Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one has any insight on this?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I could be wrong but this is just how I am thinking it may go. If the speakers are the same size when you swap them then no problem just swap them over. You may not get the same sound out of them due to the built in amp in the RF system that comes with the Fronty. But if they are the same size speakers then yes it should work. Just curious... why are you trying to swap them? Thinking of doing a system in your truck?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could be wrong but this is just how I am thinking it may go. If the speakers are the same size when you swap them then no problem just swap them over. You may not get the same sound out of them due to the built in amp in the RF system that comes with the Fronty. But if they are the same size speakers then yes it should work. Just curious... why are you trying to swap them? Thinking of doing a system in your truck?
thanks thats kinda what i was thinking myself. And yep i thinking all new doorspeakers, new HU, amp, and 10 inch sub. Not in the next week or anything but soon cause i have to plan and spec everything out. but in the next couple of months for sure.

·
Registered
300 Posts
What kind of speakers you looking into? I just got my tax return!!! :fantastic: So I'm thinking of visiting the stero shop soon. I was thinking of doing all Dls components and if possible a Solo Baric 10 under the seat.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind of speakers you looking into? I just got my tax return!!! :fantastic: So I'm thinking of visiting the stero shop soon. I was thinking of doing all Dls components and if possible a Solo Baric 10 under the seat.
well so far ive only picked out the H/U (Pioneer AVH-P3200BT) and the Sub (some type of 10' JBL). Now just im trying to figure out the sub encloser issue and what to do about that. I really like my small bit of storage space and would rather have the speaker on the driverside where the factory subs are now. SO i need to try and build one which ive never done or try and find one that is already buillt. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Wow... I take it you've never taken out the stock sub have you? I dont think a custom built box with an 8in sub would fit it that space let alone a 10. I mentioned it once before, and got my head damn near cut off for it, but if you like the storage bin then consider behind the seat. The shop I go to did a system for a guy a while back, truck was like an 06 07, and put two 10s behind the seat. Only problem for you would be that you already have the sub and a sub behind the seat would need to be a shallow magnet sub. Your more than likely going to lose the storage bin. I'm in the same boat, I like the storage bin too, but maybe one of us could come up with a sweet storage compartment behind the seat.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your more than likely going to lose the storage bin. I'm in the same boat, I like the storage bin too, but maybe one of us could come up with a sweet storage compartment behind the seat.
Yea I'm thinking that maybe i can make a single box that will fit under the rear seat that will house the sub where the OEM storage Bin is and maybe some how integrate some type of storage bin in it. I dont know its just a thought.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey thats a good idea. I didnt think of that one. Make sure you post pix of that if you manage to pull it off. I'd like too see that!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
only thing i can see having an issue with is the rf door spearkers are not full range speakers and the dash speakers are acucal speakers and not tweeters like in the non-rf truck not sure how that would work like cross over wize if you just plug them in???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts