Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck came with the standard OEM AM/FM/CD radio installed. I wanted the 6-disk changer but didn't, at the time, want to pay for it. I recently found one on eBay with the changer so I bought it. Not having a clue how to take the dash apart to install the thing, I joined this forum. With the instructions I received in the threads, and the instructions "chaz" a member here mailed me, it was actually pretty easy. As mentioned in a couple of threads, I had to drill a couple of new holes in the mounting brackets because the radio mounted further forward on the new radio making it impossible to re-install the dash trim. All in all, I am very pleased with the new radio.

The problem I am now experiencing is that the air bag light between the tach and the speedometer is now flashing. I thought maybe it might be somehow related to the light in the dash trim indicating that the passenger seat airbag was turned off because the seat was unoccupied, but that connection seemed to be fine.

Has anyone ever seen this particular problem or know what to do about it? It's a minor annoyance but want to be sure I didn't mess up the function of the airbag and would prefer it was not flashing at me all the time. It is a constant reminder that I screwed something up.... :comphead:

·
Premium Member
12,066 Posts
lol you didnt mess anything up. you unplugged the connector.
google reset airbag light. for either titan or a frontier.
i know the titan works. its like brake, e brake on off on off. idk. but its simple

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, thanks guys I figured I broke something. Now maybe my wife will stop with the "next time take it to someone that knows what they are doing" look.....:razz:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts