they look good

CON
they tend to act like spoon and collect mud
they pose a clearance issue

Stay or go?

·
Registered
309 Posts
They take like 2-3mins to remove/install with an electric screwdriver--take off when the might pose a problem, put on when they wont.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
2 of mine were removed for me the last time I went out... Now looking at some flexible options like rally armor. Or I might just take it in and have the area sprayed with lineX so it wont get all rock chipped. I do like the look with them off but worry I'm going to end up having rock chips and rust issues down the road.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2 of mine were removed for me the last time I went out... Now looking at some flexible options like rally armor. Or I might just take it in and have the area sprayed with lineX so it wont get all rock chipped. I do like the look with them off but worry I'm going to end up having rock chips and rust issues down the road.
That was my concern as well. I figured better to remove myself so there is no damage. I did notice there was a protective screen sticker in the rear. Might slow down rock chips a bit.

Rally armor flexible flaps seems like a solid option. More liken to Toyota truck flaps that are flexible. It is kinda amazing that domestic trucks do not have them to begin with at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have the OEM flaps and they were easy to install and imho look GREAT! Plus they keep dirt and gravel from scoring my beautiful Arctic Blue paint! They have been installed over a year with no problems. If you don't like them don't use them.... LOL

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I have the OEM flaps and they were easy to install and imho look GREAT! Plus they keep dirt and gravel from scoring my beautiful Arctic Blue paint! They have been installed over a year with no problems. If you don't like them don't use them.... LOL

It's not that simple. There is no question the offer protection but they don't look great and also are hard plastic, which means if you take your truck off road much you will damage them eventually and potentially that beautiful Arctic blue paint...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This was always the issue. Yes they keep some gravel and dirt spray off the truck, but they are rigid and are damage magnifiers off road. Plus the way they are designed they are good for on road dirt and rain but the inside is like a spoon that just hold mud and snow off road. No doubt they are an easy remove. I did all 4 in 10 minutes. I was surprised how much dirt was hidden behind them. As Justwork mentioned Rally Armor Mud Flaps look like a solid option.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Each to his/her own. My truck does not spend much time off-road...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts