Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a search but all I get is unrelated topics
I may be an old fart but Back in the day I built a few 9 second machines and I still can't figure out how to get the jack out from the rear seat.:crikey:

HELP and all jokes taken with a smile!

·
Registered
503 Posts
make sure the jack is at its lowest point. when they put them in they raise the a litlle to hold them in place. just lower it and it slides right out

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
make sure the jack is at its lowest point. when they put them in they raise the a litlle to hold them in place. just lower it and it slides right out
Yeah, it took me a minute of tugging and cussing to realize that's what the problem was the first time I needed to remove it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought that was the solution but it is already at the lowest point and won't budge a snake hair. I think I see a sawsall coming out of the drawer.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
My jack is kind of free floating behind my seat. Where is it supposed to reside? Could anyone take a pic for me and show me? And the bag that holds my crowbar is also sliding around behind the seat...no idea where it goes either.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
It should be turned up to snug it.... so spin it counterclockwise and it should get a lot looser....unless it is broken.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As I said, it is as low as it will go. I could take the bolts out that hold the mount to the chassis I guess. I have a hi-lift and a hydraulic jack in the bed so I don't need the scissor jack. I could use the room for more important stuff like ammo and first aid.:goodjob:

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
My gen 1 has a clip to it in addition to snugging it up.
My gen 2 is an Xterra so its packed in foam under the seat.

·
Registered
643 Posts
i thought mine was at its lowest point before but i still decided to turn it counter clockwise had a hard time turning and voila and it lowered more there was like 2 or 1 more inches of space above the square thingymajig lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok, thanks everyone. I'll try it one more time and then get out the saw.

·
Super Moderator
11,522 Posts
If they put it in by hand then it will come out by hand,it's not rusted in place....

Clint

·
Registered
151 Posts
haha, I had the same problem trying to get my jack out from behind the seat too. What I did was make sure it was at its lowest point (which was a pain) and then pull it out from the drivers side as straight as possible. Hopefully you can get yours out without a saw ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts