Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea lots of info in lot of places on the forum, but trying to sift through all of it is a PIA.

I've got 2012 SE CC with the Rockford-Fosgate head unit. It also has XM (not subscribed). I'd like to pick up the cable and install it so I can plug the ipod in and forget about it.

Yes I've heard about the clunkyness of the interface, but like dealing with OEM over aftermarket stuff any day.

So what I am asking is can someone direct me to the proper cable/part number and maybe some instructions to do the work. I'm not squeamish with doing mods and have heard it is a rather easy add on.

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK - So I am thoroughly confused at this point.

My local dealership looked up my rig and gave me an invoice quote for the parts to do this job, but also said that they weren't positive that these are the right parts because it lists two harnesses and weren't sure if I needed both. The parts they listed were these three - 999U7-ST002 iPod interface ($165), 999U7-VS000, Harness TY ($31), 999U7-VS001 ($31).

When I go to Courtesy Parts I get 5 listings for the iPod interface, two that says required for all, one for factory satellite radio, one for just satellite radio and one for w/o satellite radio. This is where I have no idea.

I do know I have a factory installed satellite radio and that my truck is a 2012 SL Crewcab with the RF head unit.

Can someone shine some light on this for me. I have no idea what the correct parts are that I need to purchase for the install.

Thanks!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts