Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some free time yesterday so i took apart the stock cd player so those who wanted to see what itd take to change the color of the LEDs as some have asked. Assuming you have it out, unsnap the clips around the faceplate. Take out a small phillips and unscrew the screws from the circuit board. Gently pop out the board and you should see most of the LEDs. There are 26 LEDs in total more then even the Gauge cluster. For the power/volume knob. Simply pull the knob straight up and it should unsnap. This should reveal the last 4 LEDs. To get the LCD out, remove the metal housing. The metal housing is soldered to the board in back. Ressembly is in reverse order and be sure to test before reinstalling! Hope this helps those who were asking about this!

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the rest...

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah i didnt do it. I have a pioneer in there. Just posted this up cuz a few people asked about the stock HU. Just to show what it looked like in there. Was actually one of the easier things to open up!

·
Registered
838 Posts
are these led's plug and play or soldered to the circuit board? i might pull apart mine because it's a 6 disc stock with green lights from an xterra.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The LEDs are soldered on. I don't know what the 6disc looks like on the inside but the probably use the same LEDs. THey are TINY but other then that, it's no a difficult thng to do. Just take it slow.

·
Registered
838 Posts
The LEDs are soldered on. I don't know what the 6disc looks like on the inside but the probably use the same LEDs. THey are TINY but other then that, it's no a difficult thng to do. Just take it slow.
thanks for the info. i think i'll take a peek into mine and check it out.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let us know how it goes! The xterras are green? Thats pretty cool! I always thought that the stock was amber!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts