Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all.

I just purchased a 2019 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4. The Frontier did not come with factory fog lights. So I wanted to get some input where I can purchase OEM fog lights and stock at a good price. Also, is there a way to install them without having to take off the front bumper. I don't want to mess it up since it's literally brand new and my first brand new vehicle as well. Your advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, not sure if anyone helped you or not but I just put a set of these in.

So I have a Suzuki, and it was supposed to be a simple install, but I come to find out that the inside of my bumper was not the same I guess as a regular Nissan, so I had about a 4 hour install to modify the bumper etc, but that is another story.

For a Nissan, it is honestly a very easy install. My kit had the two lights with mounting brackets and a new turn signal switch to include the driving light control. This took me all of 5 minutes to install, very simple and straight forward.

For the lights, you CAN take off the bumper, but you don't have to. Not at all. I did all of my fighting with the bumper on. You take out 4 screws to remove the plastic wheel well cover and you can reach in there very easily. The wires are taped up behind the headlight with the stock connector already in place (this is why I wanted this, no stupid wiring). The filler cap has a screw and a clip, that is it. Those come out very easy. NOW if your is set up right, you have a metal clip to put in to run a screw through it, and then you slide the light into the one end, and on the far end (this would be a tricky screw to do because it is the farthest away and you need a little phillips, but not horrible) you run the screw in and connect and you are done.

Honestly, had my mounting not been so wrong it would have been under an hour job total. There is a little wheel on the light to adjust, so if you are doing them during the day, you will need to adjust for location in the dark, so disassmbly of the fender cover would happen again, but that is not hard.

NOTE OF CAUTION. The light beam is a blade, so the light comes out in a line to the road, if you mount them at an angle, then you will have a wierd light beam and it will not be correct. (TRUST ME ON THIS) so just make sure the light female connector is facing DOWN.

Hope that helps, feel free to messge me, I still have the brackets outside I can send a photo or to if you wish.

Reactions: onewyldfrontier

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 CC, Midnight edition, white
94 Posts
Mine came with fog lights but you can buy an OEM fog light kit online which include a replacement light stalk switch. YouTube has a bunch of videos for installation. The ones I have seen show you can get in by removing screws where the inside of the wheel well connects with the fender.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Since you're going to install fog lights anyway, I'd get something better than OEM such as the Luxeon, SS3, or Rigid Industries kits. Rough Country also makes one, but it's not DOT/SAE legal for highway use. All of these options are legal for highway use, and bolt right where the OEM fogs would go.

You could also just skip the OEM fog location altogether. I'd either bolt universal DOT/SAE fogs or the Rigid Industries 20" SAE/DOT driving light bar in the lower grill.

There are two plastic plugs that can be removed, and they literally bolt in. I have the universal fogs and they are 1000% better than the OEM fogs. I aim them slightly lower than the cutoff of the low beams and use them to supplement the low beams on dark roads. In fact, they overpower the low beams.

Universal DOT/SAE LED fogs that I have - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078PMCXXH/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, not sure if anyone helped you or not but I just put a set of these in.

So I have a Suzuki, and it was supposed to be a simple install, but I come to find out that the inside of my bumper was not the same I guess as a regular Nissan, so I had about a 4 hour install to modify the bumper etc, but that is another story.

For a Nissan, it is honestly a very easy install. My kit had the two lights with mounting brackets and a new turn signal switch to include the driving light control. This took me all of 5 minutes to install, very simple and straight forward.

For the lights, you CAN take off the bumper, but you don't have to. Not at all. I did all of my fighting with the bumper on. You take out 4 screws to remove the plastic wheel well cover and you can reach in there very easily. The wires are taped up behind the headlight with the stock connector already in place (this is why I wanted this, no stupid wiring). The filler cap has a screw and a clip, that is it. Those come out very easy. NOW if your is set up right, you have a metal clip to put in to run a screw through it, and then you slide the light into the one end, and on the far end (this would be a tricky screw to do because it is the farthest away and you need a little phillips, but not horrible) you run the screw in and connect and you are done.

Honestly, had my mounting not been so wrong it would have been under an hour job total. There is a little wheel on the light to adjust, so if you are doing them during the day, you will need to adjust for location in the dark, so disassmbly of the fender cover would happen again, but that is not hard.

NOTE OF CAUTION. The light beam is a blade, so the light comes out in a line to the road, if you mount them at an angle, then you will have a wierd light beam and it will not be correct. (TRUST ME ON THIS) so just make sure the light female connector is facing DOWN.

Hope that helps, feel free to messge me, I still have the brackets outside I can send a photo or to if you wish.
Thank you sir! I really appreciate it. Once I get the funds, I will purchase the kit and post them. I appreciate all the info you provided. It helps a lot!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since you're going to install fog lights anyway, I'd get something better than OEM such as the Luxeon, SS3, or Rigid Industries kits. Rough Country also makes one, but it's not DOT/SAE legal for highway use. All of these options are legal for highway use, and bolt right where the OEM fogs would go.

You could also just skip the OEM fog location altogether. I'd either bolt universal DOT/SAE fogs or the Rigid Industries 20" SAE/DOT driving light bar in the lower grill.

There are two plastic plugs that can be removed, and they literally bolt in. I have the universal fogs and they are 1000% better than the OEM fogs. I aim them slightly lower than the cutoff of the low beams and use them to supplement the low beams on dark roads. In fact, they overpower the low beams.

Universal DOT/SAE LED fogs that I have - Amazon.com: LED Pods, OFFROADTOWN 2pcs 3'' SAE Fog Lights Off road Driving lights Waterproof LED Cubes OSRAM Work Light for Truck Jeep Motorcycle ATV UTV Boat: Automotive
thank you! the reason I want to get the OEM lights is because I hate seeing those blanks that Nissan put there. so if I ever have to sell the truck, which I don't plan to, it will look stock from factory. I also considered installing a light bar in that section you speak of, but I will do that later on down the line when I put more miles in. I only 500 miles on the truck as of today.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Universal DOT/SAE LED fogs that I have - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078PMCXXH/
another question, would these kits come with the replacement fog light lever stock for the Frontier?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Reactions: onewyldfrontier

·
Registered
598 Posts
another question, would these kits come with the replacement fog light lever stock for the Frontier?
No. But since you have an SV, if you have the light sensor on top of the dash, you could get the light switch stalk from an SL or Pro-4X and have auto headlights and the fog light switch. Then I'd buy one of those three fog light sets that go in the OEM locations.

You'd be killing two birds with one stone going that route. You'd have LED fogs in the OEM locations that are way brighter than the OEM fogs, and have auto headlights (assuming you have the sensor of course).

·
Registered
395 Posts
I bought the OEM kit from Amazon with the turn signal stalk. Although it’s more expensive than some other options it was worth it IMO as it’s literally plug and play. Install maybe 15-20 mins for both sides.. time is money they say.. and with all the time you save fiddling with aftermarket ones you could’ve already been a few beers deep..

Nissan Genuine Accessories... Amazon.com: Nissan Genuine Accessories 999F1-KV000 Fog Light for Plastic Bumper: Automotive

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will installing these OEM kits have any negative effect on the 3/36 warranty?
Does the dealer need to do the install? I'm considering adding it on my SV.
Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks.
Don't tell the dealer you installed them - just act like they were always there. Make sure you use OEM parts if you are still under the warranty. There is a kit for doing this. If you need repairs under warranty and the dealer sees aftermarket electrical stuff installed, you could get stuck paying for the repairs if they even suspect the aftermarket install could have caused the problem you are bringing it in for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't tell the dealer you installed them - just act like they were always there. Make sure you use OEM parts if you are still under the warranty. There is a kit for doing this. If you need repairs under warranty and the dealer sees aftermarket electrical stuff installed, you could get stuck paying for the repairs if they even suspect the aftermarket install could have caused the problem you are bringing it in for.
Thanks for the reply.
I fully intend to use OEM kit and have no intention of trying to fool the dealer. (they can tell)
And I don't mind waiting until the 3/36 is up before doing the install. I'm just wondering if this question has been asked before? I searched and could not find a solid answer.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Thanks.
No and no. In fact, if you go with a Nissan OEM-accessory fog light kit, the kit is covered under the vehicle's 3/36 warranty and not the 12mo/12k parts warranty. However, if you don't have proof that a dealer installed the kit, they could deny warranty coverage for installation-related problems.

Reactions: Gdubz

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for that reply. I'm going to be at the dealer in a couple of weeks,
I will pose this question to them and hopefully report back with a definitive answer. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts