Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I've been reading about this fog light kit and am considering buying it. I have seen some reviews saying that there were some issues getting the fog lights to "snap" in place. And also needing to get extra parts to make it fit properly. Has anyone ever had any positive experience with installing this on a nissan frontier?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just installed Winjets on my 2017 SV. They installed like stock. They came with the install hardware and a switch, relay and wiring harness. I used a stock foglight combo stalk. Great bargain. The problems were the plastic bumper was made crudely and needed the screw holes enlarged, easily fixed and a Nissan problem. The lights have condensation inside, a Winjet problem.

Tt

·
Registered
171 Posts
[/URL]

I've been reading about this fog light kit and am considering buying it. I have seen some reviews saying that there were some issues getting the fog lights to "snap" in place. And also needing to get extra parts to make it fit properly. Has anyone ever had any positive experience with installing this on a nissan frontier?
I just installed Winjets on my 2017 SV. They installed like stock. They came with the install hardware and a switch, relay and wiring harness. I used a stock foglight combo stalk. Great bargain. The problems were the plastic bumper was made crudely and needed the screw holes enlarged, easily fixed and a Nissan problem. The lights have condensation inside, a Winjet problem.

Tt
I installed the OEM Nissan fog light kit on my 2017 SV. The hardware that came in the kit fit without any mods to the bumper. Maybe the Winjet hardware fits the bumper differently than the OEM kit hardware?

·
Registered
189 Posts
The bumper did not need modified. The tab on the bumper where the threaded clip attaches had some plastic smooched into the hole the screw had to go through. I used a pen knife to whittle out the offending plastic. It was only about 1/8".

I don't have a stock set to compare but they looked close to identical to stock.

Tt

·
Registered
171 Posts
Here's what the inside of my bumper looks like - you must be referring to the hole at the 2 o'clock position? On the OEM kit, a bolt does go through that hole.

·
Registered
189 Posts
SoCal, yes that is the hole I needed to enlarge. Just a little whittle with a pen knife. I reached it from outside the bumper.

Tt

·
Registered
247 Posts
I just purchased a full kit from Nissan Parts Puller, LED 6k bright white, comes with the light switch stem and everything. Just a thought

1 - 7 of 7 Posts