Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few posts in the past of users who have modified the crew cab roof rack to fit onto the king cab. I was wondering if anyone here has done this to theirs or can post some links with additional information? I searched high and low through local salvage yards last year for this particular rack to no avail. I plan to take another look around this week to see what I can find.

The plan is to custom fit this rack and add a thule ski carrier for this winters season. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just in case......If it won't fit, pass it over for my Crew Cab. I purchased my used CC with no factory mounted option of roof rack.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too have been looking for one to put on my '04 KC without any luck. I have been thinking of getting one from an Xterra and modify it to fit.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,740 Posts
It gives a good idea of what needs to be done. Biggest issue I see is that the instructions are for a second generation Frontier, not a first gen.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I understand that the mod is for 2nd Gen trucks .... just posting what I knew about, hoping that it might be helpful in cutting down a 1st Gen rack :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the info, it might work on a 1st gen. When i get around to buying the rack i'll post pics when done, might not do it until spring at the latest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts