Nissan Frontier Forum banner

OEM Brake Pad Life (miles)

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Vracer111 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone - my 2017 Frontier KC has 7500 miles on it now. I'm wondering how many miles I should expect to get from the front and rear original brake pads. I drive the truck normally. Anyone remember how long their original pads lasted?

#2 · (Edited)
I was around 60K when I swapped mine out. The Rears were done at about 65k when I had the rear differential assembly replaced. Dealer said I had plenty of pad, but the rotors were a bit grooved and suggested since everything was apart and getting swapped over (axle assembly comes minus backing plates and out). I would save on all the labor.

#4 ·
I can't give a perfect answer but I CAN tell you that I changed mine around 30k because I was doing a full service and just decided to grab some new pads while I was at the auto parts store and after 30k mine looked maybe 20% used. So I would imagine the above posters are correct, easily 60k.

#5 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies. I also have a 2011 Toyota Corolla and the front pads (OEM) only last about 10k miles before they are 95% worn down. My Frontier has 7500 miles on it now and I was thinking it would soon be time to change the front pads on it. I'm glad to hear the Nissan pads last so much longer.

#6 ·
There are far too many variables to come up with an average pad life.
Does the driver brake hard or easy?
Drive fast or slow?
City? Suburban? Highway? Rural?
Heavy loads, or no loads?
Owned, or leased?
I suspect the survey will show anywhere from 15,000 to 80,000 for the same year/model, making the survey useless for anything other than curiosity.

#7 ·
I do a good amount of wheeling, so the ABLS wears them down a bit. I replaced mine at 45k and still had maybe 2mm. I might have got another season out of them but not much more.

#8 ·
If what was on mine when I bought it were the original pads then they have over 100k miles on them. I know I'm not hard on a vehicle's brakes: my FR-S had ~62k miles on the stock pads when I changed them out for higher performance ones - and the stock pads were just over halfway worn down. That includes a trackday with five 20-minute sessions within one month of getting it, a few summer runs on the best backroad 'course' in Texas (Twisted Sisters), and some autocross events.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.