Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, old man here is gonna join the 21rst century and buy a scan tool.

What workes for these trucks and what doesn't?

Need one to pull and reset codes.... Gee wizardry is good if it isnt TOO pricey.

What say you?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was in the same situation. Autozone had an INNOVA 3100 on sale for 120.00 and I had a rewards card with a 20.00 credit. So for 100.00 I got a scanner instead of a code reader. It also gives you access to a websight (free for the first year) that allows you to plug in to your home computer and get diagnostic report that you can print or send to your e-mail. and some suggestions for possible causes for the code. On a scale of 1 through 10 I would give it an 8. Its just fine for my needs and so far I have used it on an 01 and 03 Frontier to read and clear codes. I also have used it on my 2013 toyota corolla. It also has a function for testing your battery and charging system.

·
Registered
66 Posts
ScanGauge II

I have a ScanGauge II. It is a bit more expensive than the previous two devices, but it has additional functions. I have used it in both my Fronteir and in a 2003 Chevrolet S-10. I suspect it will work in just about any gasoline engine vehicle manufactured after about 1995, and in some diesel vehicles tool. It can both read the codes and clear them. No interpretation is offered, but that's why Google exists.

https://www.scangauge.com/

And yes, Amazon has them. About $160.

Bill Gee

Reactions: finallygotatruck

·
Registered
313 Posts
This is what I have because I'm cheap, it works great. Just download the free Torque App or you can pay for the premium version that will do more stuff.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Torque pro and a Bluetooth adapter thing are $19 total, and it does way more than just codes

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got the ELM327 for $3.95. Scanmaster software was free. Got everything to work, have the software running on a laptop and and a Samsung S4 Android. Haven't had any trouble codes to troubleshoot yet tho.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Anyone know of a scan tool that will give real time Trans and Engine temps. I know Bully Dog does, but too rich form me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
There's a thing like bullydog but doesn't tune anything, just monitors stuff, it's $80 or $90, I don't have one so I can't say what it does for sure for a frontier

Torque pro and probably the lite version show engine temp, trans temp is hard to come by

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts