Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried using their OBD adapter with a laptop and software developed to work with Windows?

Was wondering if more information could be gained from that type of set up. Something with a bit more oomph than a cell phone and android or ios.

Some of the windows based software is quite a bit more expensive, and I would venture a guess that it would help to have a higher end adapter than can read more info. Of course more expensive software doesn't always = better development.

Thought I'd check around here to see if anyone has had experience with any Windows software and if it was much improved over cell phone based apps.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
haven done Window$ but have used it with Apple IOS

·
Registered
549 Posts
I use autoenginuity, its a windows based scanner. I originally bought the Total Ford Scan tool bundle because this allowed me to do buzz, KOEO and KOER tests (among many other things) on my old 7.3L and my parents 6.4L. Plus with this system it allows you to add other vehicle manufactures to the same software as required. I currently have the Nissan and will soon be adding the Chrysler pack.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have HP Tuners which should allow me to scan all parameters, but I haven't tried yet. HPT will supposedly scan any OBD2 vehicle and allow resetting of codes.

Editing and uploading a new tune is a different story. The vehicle needs to be supported by the software and I think my 98 is not supported.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally got around to trying the OBDWiz software that came with my OBDLink scanner. It's only been a couple years or more since I got it, so I'm right on the ball with testing it.

The OBDWiz software isn't much different than using the Android OBDLink Software. It's pretty basic. I didn't expect much from it though. It's at least a bigger screen than a phone screen, otherwise, the software isn't any more powerful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts