Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Bought a 05 KC v6 auto and have been fixing things to get it up to par. I recently fixed the SMOD issue by replacing the TCM and radiator. Noticed that my OD Off light stays on even when pressing the button. The light is on at start up. When I put my foot on the break and shift into D and press the button, it displays 4, making me think the button may work? Do I need to reset something on the truck to get it function properly i.e turn off the light? Or is it a sensor issue like my oil pressure gage.?

TIA

·
Registered
480 Posts
Did this just start happening, or has it been an issue. I see you have been doing a bit of transmission work. Be sure the speed sensor wiring is attached at the rear of the tranny.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest, I'm not sure if this was an issue before. I recently got the truck and just noticed - been preoccupied with the SMOD. Driving doesn't feel bad -thankfully. Shifting into reverse does seem a little harsh. Checked #19 in fuse box by glove compartment. Looks fine - but didn't see anything listed that would point to OD. What is fuse #19 supposed to be? Maybe I misunderstood the location.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Aggie, sorry I misread your post. Forget fuse 19. That powers the dash light for OD. Your light is on, not off, so the fuse is clearly good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the effort Ram. Still open to any suggestions.

For the speed sensor, I assume since no error code, that wouldn't be the issue...

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
NICO Club's site allows free access to their Nissan factory service manuals. In the AT section, there will be a "symtom chart" in the problem diagnostic section that should list "O/D light stays on" as one of the symptoms. It'll give a page number for where the diagnostic are for that problem and a list of what can cause that problem, listed in order from most likely to least likely ("1" would be most likely).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank
NICO Club's site allows free access to their Nissan factory service manuals. In the AT section, there will be a "symtom chart" in the problem diagnostic section that should list "O/D light stays on" as one of the symptoms. It'll give a page number for where the diagnostic are for that problem and a list of what can cause that problem, listed in order from most likely to least likely ("1" would be most likely).
Thanks SMJ. I had looked, it only had a listing of OD not coming on. I'll scour the manual again to see if I missed a sectionsabout OD light not turning off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: it was the new blank TCM. Dealership that I bought the part from told me it was Plug n Play. SMJ was right, it needs to be programmed. I had to convince the master tech that it was not plug n play and showed them the technical bulletin. OD works now and runs smoother. Dealership was still trying to convince me to buy a new transmission and said once water goes in, you can never get it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts