Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who would be interested in getting together. You know a way to put some faces to the screen names. I think it would be fun to head to Browns Camp Oregon or something and do some wheelin. What do you guys/gals think?

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Give me amonth or about 3 weeks and ill be there.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm retired man, so whenever. I just thought it would be kind of cool for everyone to meet up. Probably won't be wheeling my Frontier though, still having issues with the locker, but I'll have the Toyota.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hell yea, I have a couple "bugs" to work out of the Toyota, but after that I'm down whenever.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I am up in Portland and would be down for a good trip. we talking camping a night (beers) and wheeling that day or the next?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I'm up for some Browns camp for sure! PM me the info guys!!!

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
I could be done but thats a 4-5 hour drive. It would have to be on a four day weekend.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm down for whatever. I'm not certain if you can camp at Browns, but I'm sure theres more than one place in that area, weather permiting. Still hammering out the bugs with my wheeler, but should be done in the next few days.

·
Registered
138 Posts
That would be a fun meet even if we could get a time as it is very important that is is planned. I would possible be down. It is a long way from Seattle but if enough people went.... heck yes!!!:noworries:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look the place up on youtube. I've heard good things and it looks like a lot of fun. I'm retired, so I don't really have a schedule that I have to adhere to, so let me know when would be good for you all and I'll see what I can do about organizing it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
many attempts for a northwest meets and many failures but it sounds fun. i would go but im trapped in a vicious cycle of school and work... but then i could also go down to cali and visit my old man

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
hiow about the weekend of May 1st. just to toss out a date and see what sticks. should be plenty in advance to get something going.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only issue with May 1st I see is that it's so far away. I'm going to head up there in a week or two, to check it out. When I do I'll let y'all know what I discover.

From what my friends have told me, it has a bit to offer everyone, but there is also some areas that you need some pretty heavy modifications. I'll know more once I finnaly get over there.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
My current plan for when I get back to the states is to end up at Ft. Lewis for a couple months. My truck is in SoCal so I was thinking about a road/dune trip up the coast to Olympia, WA. I wa think about hitting Pismo, Coos Bay, and Winchester on the way up.. I will keep you guys posted. should be around the first of july.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
From my understanding, there are trails for stock to modded rigs. I'm going to be heading over there in a week or so for kind of a "recon" of the area, being that I've never been, just going on what others have told me. If Browns Camp is too knarly, we can always find somewhere a bit more "user friendly."

I'm not looking for somewhere to jack peoples rigs up, well maybe my Toy, but for this I was just thinking some friendly camping/drinking/wheeling, or whatever combo of the three you're into.

My current plan for when I get back to the states is to end up at Ft. Lewis for a couple months. My truck is in SoCal so I was thinking about a road/dune trip up the coast to Olympia, WA. I wa think about hitting Pismo, Coos Bay, and Winchester on the way up.. I will keep you guys posted. should be around the first of july.
Do you have quads/dirt bikes that you're going to be playing on the sand with? If so (or not depending if you feel like chilling with a criple on a banshee) I'd be down to meet you at either winchester or florence. Just give me a couple days notice.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
If I buy a quad and trailer then I might be on a quad, been debating it.. I'm tring to talk my builder in to coming and he will be on a bike.. and trying to get a bunch of people off the dezert racing forums. So if I get one of them that will be cool.

Hopefully they will have gears out then so I can be 4wd.. if not I'll be out there as 2wd.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Browns has plenty of trails that a stock truck could drive on.. Mild lift and you can get through about 75% of browns.. (see sig.) There are also some gnarly *** rock trails.. I could do them but would want sliders at least.. KRAKER, I'm only 30-45 min from browns. When are you going to head up there? PM me your number and we can set up a time... I have only been 3 or 4 times, so I dont know all of the trails.. But I have a trail map

1 - 20 of 25 Posts