Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Myself. Drive an 03 Frontier 2wd, 4cyl, manual. Get 27 mpg at 75 with AC on full. Not too shabby. I'm glad to have found a great forum for the Frontiers. Main reason for joining is to figure out how my truck will do with 2800lbs in tow going over mountains semi-regularly. Doesn't look good from what I've read! Hmm...still a great truck! Now I'm wondering if anyone has dropped a V6 into an originally 4cyl and what would need to be done (if anything) so that it could tow more and if it'd be cost effective. So yeah, that's me and my story.

Used to drive an 86 Pontiac Fiero, V6 mid-engine, 4 spd manual. The thing was a beast. Was at 210,xxx when I sold it, ran solid. Original engine, original tranny, nothing major. Thing was a blast to drive. Hung out over at Pennock's Fiero Forum when I had that.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

Good luck on the towing. What mountains?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Welcome to CF!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Welcome, I wish my 04 got that good of milage. Mine is Supercharged though so i get about have that. As for your tow capacity either refer to your owners manual or Google it. Also engine swapin, not sure bout the differences in the other componets IE: fuel pump, wire harness. Most likely an ECU swap. I'm sure these other guys here will be more helpfull than I. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hi and welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be going over the Cascades on I-90. It'll also be dropping into Vantage, WA to get to the Columbia. That's about a 4 mile descent and 4 miles long, somewhere near 1500 ft of elevation. Spokane also has a nasty hill to navigate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts