Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 105K in two years and the Nav not missing a beat I decided to by the Pathy for the wife. I've got four kids and they don't fit in the Nav anymore. (They do if I leave the wife at home).

It seems a lot more refined than the Nav. A lot smoother and quieter. Still the same lag in first gear though. The clutch is much lighter too. I asked the Nissan service manager if it was a different clutch and he said yes. The ones in the D-40 and Pathy a couple of years back had been replaced.

Edit.
The Nav hadn't missed a beat but lately I have had gear changing issues, especially in the morning. After driving the car for five minutes all is good. The dealer has tried some very low viscosity oil in the gearbox to see if that helps. After a week it seems like it is. Does anyone else have issues like this? It is fairly cold here in winter so maybe it was the oil going hard. Just hope it's not the clutch.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Are we talking about it being stiuff going 1st to 2nd?
mine is and always has been when cold and i just let that change happen when it wants to sorta deal. I hold thew gear stick over the gate with minimal pressure and it will pop in when it wants. so far 2 years doing that and hasnt failed me yet

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dubie2003, it's a manual. Same as my Navara 6 speed diesel.

Aussie, it does happen going from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd though not as bad. The killer though is gearing down. I usually approach the first turn in the morning in 3rd gear. Normally I will have to come to a complete stop and start again in 1st. I must say this though, since the dealer put the new oil in, it has improved a fair bit. Maybe the gear oil needs to be changed more frequently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts