Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear what would sound like a rear tire slightly out of balance or out of round.
The tire place took off both rears and checked them and said they are well balanced.
I still have that wobbling sound and a slight wobble feel, more noticeable on the highway, but just a slight one.
It sounds like it is in the rear, not the front. I thought for sure the rear passenger's.
What else coud it be?
Drive shaft out of balance? Axle out of whack?

·
Banned
583 Posts
Sounds like ply seperation in a tire, dont trust the tire boys, use your spare in each location to find which one it is, Ive had howling sounds loud enough i had to turn up the radio with an odd wobbly feeling like a low tire.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ILL TRY THE SPARE and see what happens. The tire is not out of round, they said, and I cannot find any odd wear patterns. I know well broken beads on old tires... I did not get to look at the tire spinning on the balancer tough

·
Registered
586 Posts
What brand / model of wheel balancer? There is balancing and then there is balancing. I've used shops with Hunter Road Force machines to get rid of balancing issues that no one else could fix.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Not to sound too "weird", but I've always felt rear tire balance problems in my butt...as in, through the seat. While front tire balance are felt by my hands throught the steering wheel. Granted I've been driving for 52 years, but it's always worked in the past. :cool: No Butt Jokes Please...lol !

·
Registered
664 Posts
Get the fronts checked for balance also. You may have just lost a wheel balance weight causing the wobble.
Tires get progressively more noisy as they wear. If you can lose the wobble, I'd suggest you learn to live with the sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts