Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went kayaking with my wife this morning and while loading up the yak on the ladder racks I notice that something did not look right with the rear bumper on the right side. Apparently somebody hit my right rear bumper (most likely another truck since there is no paint marks). Tweaked the bumper into the body (minimal damage). My guess it happened at lowes during one of my many trips for a recent home project.

Not worth putting an insurance claim in since I have a $500 deductible and I will loose my claim free rate. I guess I will either live with it or maybe swap out the bumper but that looks to be around $200. Bound to happen sooner or later I guess. :frown:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
I know and feel your pain. Dang irresponsible folks out there not doing the right thing and failing to step up.

Like you, I found damage - but to my front driver's side corner (headlamp/fender/hood/bumper-valence)...but figured out who did it. Confronted him and he 'fessed up...thankfully. $3k when all said & done.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Neighbor's daughter hit mine back in 2009. Shmunched it a bit more than yours. I left it but hindsight being 20/20 probably should've gotten it fixed as the bumper is paper thin and rusty now.

·
Registered
245 Posts
A friend had parked their car in front of our house, when he went to leave he sees a huge dent in the driver's door. Looked around and we figured the only way it could have happened was a car backing from the neighbor across the street. I went and knocked on their door and he confessed it was him.
Was he hoping nobody would notice? I couldn't live that way, I don't understand letting other people pay for your mistakes.

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
In my above case, I think the main factor for my 'hit&run' incident was that the perp had practically no visible damage to his own vehicle. So, not much proof due to his Jeep Wrangler impacting my front corner w/ his rear-mounted spare tire/wheel. While I could tell he knew he hadn't handled the situation correctly...just makes me wonder whether he was more sorry for not telling me or for being 'caught'.
:serious:

·
Super Moderator
10,403 Posts
Sounds like politicians when they get caught doing wrong, they're so sorry.
Yeah about being caught, not for what they did.

Clint

1 - 7 of 7 Posts