Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my '05 Nismo 4x4 Saturday.
I hadn't even had it for 24 hours yet, and realized that the passenger side wheel caps (with the Nissan logo on them) were not there.
I'm not completely sure if they were stolen, or if they just weren't there when I got the truck.
I know. I know. How could I not have seen them. It's something I would think that I would notice. But, they aren't there now.
I called Nissan parts, and was told that they are $25 a piece, and that they are removed from the backside of the wheel. If they were stolen, they were more than likely mangled too much to use if they didn't take the wheel off. (Why would a thief take off the wheels, remove the center caps, and replace the wheels???)
There is a mark on the front wheel that looks like it was made from a screwdriver (not bad, but noticeable if you get right down on it to look), but nothing on the rear.

So... Was I a victim of theft, or bad dealership scandalism???

I do have an appointment on Friday to have the tool box thing taken out of the back, and have it detailed (I was in too much of a hurry, and was late for a prior engagement when I got it). I hope they will have a few laying around that they will be willing to give me.

Thoughts???
Bryan

·
Registered
112 Posts
thats a tuff call. i would just tell the dealership that you seen that they were missing and im sure they will replace them for you bein that fact you just got the truck. good luck

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I am not sure about the Nismo, but I was able to remove the center caps on my LE without damaging them.

I would be more inclined to think that the caps were not on the truck when you bought
it. I don't think there is much demand for the center caps on our wheels. Only our
trucks use them and we all get a set with the truck, well almost all of us.

What are the chances of someone stealing yours in 3 or 4 days, very slim. Since you were told how difficult it is to remove them why would a thief remove the wheels take
the center caps and then remount your wheels. I don't think so. The wheels and tires are worth much more than the center caps.

OkieScot

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree.
I am just hoping they will give me a new set, instead of making me pay $50 for them.
I can't for the life of me see how I could have missed that. I have been into cars since I could walk and talk. Everywhere I go, I'm thinking to myself, "He could have done that better", or "Ooo! That would look sweet if you could do this or that and the other thing..."

I dunno. I'll keep you all posted and tell you what transpires...

Bryan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got the chance to get to Nissan.
All is well and good. They bought the story that they weren't there when I bought the truck.

Gotta love freebies!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts