Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
I come from the land of ice and snow (where it's 34C at the moment...) and talk metric, eh.

Previous vehicle was/is a 2006 Pathfinder bought at 80 000 km, now has 330 000 km. Though it is running well, the body is BEAT. Two deer didn't help. That vehicle has impressed me to no end, even though I did a few "fun" repairs like a TCM re-solder.

My brand loyalty and no small amount of encouraging from my wife found me signing the papers on a white 馃檮 '22 pro 4x king cab. Apparently it's a rare bird south of the border, but I'm happy to get the 6' bed. A topper and rack for sea kayaks (17 and 18 ft) will follow.

If anyone needs input for R52 Pathfinder repairs, hit me up, after you check thenissanpath forum 馃ぃ

C.

PS - Ich reagiere auch auf Deutsch.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, if I had to guess the shape of the 6' bed/rear fender would require tooling for a specific fender cap? With the small market for the King Cab Pro-4x the bean counters probably vetoed that idea.
Not a huge deal to me as the longer bed makes up for it.

3 h 45 minutes... 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Plant

It's very white in person! I'm looking for some type of (black!) Fender cap or flare to protect the sheet metal edges.
I will give the stock tires a chance before switching to Duratracs, and plan on running studded pizza cutters in the winter.
Interior is sweeeet ( ...but remember my last ride was/is a beater!)

Registered
2022 Frontier Pro 4X Gun Metallic
View attachment 353708
It's very white in person! I'm looking for some type of (black!) Fender cap or flare to protect the sheet metal edges.
I will give the stock tires a chance before switching to Duratracs, and plan on running studded pizza cutters in the winter.
Interior is sweeeet ( ...but remember my last ride was/is a beater!)
Nice ride! What part of Canada are you from?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice ride! What part of Canada are you from?
North of Superior, few people, lots of rivers and even more fish. (crap, I promised not to post this)
Welcome!

Nice first post, love the energy!

Now I can say you have one if the most unique new GEN3's I have seen, looks amazing.
Thanks!
I guess I'm stoked about getting out of my beater, lol.
I often use the term "unique" euphemistically, so... :ROFLMAO:

And somebody said pictures?
A detail I never thought I'd pay attention to: The running lights are mighty purty!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Update: Several "wtf Nissan?!" issues have cropped up. Neither the gas cap nor the tail gate are part of the central locking system. And what's with that front license plate holder?!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

If I leave the plate holder where it is, the plate might spend most of it's life sitting on my dashboard. (Assuming I find it after the accidental delete.)

Edit: Ignore all whining above.
I took the truck on it's first fishing trip on some wash board and steep rocky parts. The composure of the truck in rough stuff is amazing. The VDC only intervenes when things get seriously sideways. Axle hop was less than in my 3rd gen Pathfinder with independent rear suspension. On the crawly bits I thought my old Pathfinder was pretty good, but the Frontier walked up most of it in 2wd. The (low res) front camera is very helpful, but I wish it wouldn't cut out as soon as you reach 12 km/h.
I also took care of the first "bush pin striping", and was shocked when the L/100 km so far beat our Tiguan's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts