Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone,

Well due to some family and my work circumstances I had to pull the trigger and purchase another vehicle for the household. As much as I love my Frontier, I just could not justify purchasing a new one that is essentially the same as the one I have now. If Nissan had even announced a new gen I might have been able to hold off until it came out. But that being said, I purchased a brand new 2016 Chevy Colorado with the 2.8l duramax diesel engine LT 2WD Crew Cab. (Mods please don't kick me off this forum, I still own my Fronty, my son is driving it now)

I really wish that I could have waited for Nissan to get off their a**es and bring a diesel to the market, but I had to make something happen. Anyway as I stated above, I do still own my Frontier and will continue to enjoy it from time to time. Mostly enjoy coming on this forum and seeing what is going on and helping if I can. (The Colorado forum has some pretty arrogant people on it).

Attachments

·
Admin
3,280 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Good lookin rig.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. Good to hear you kept the ol Fronty too, so it really sounds like a win-win for you, other than not getting to buy a new Fronty that is. Very much still enjoying my new-truck-smell as well after only 4 months. Big change after driving the same Nissan for 21 years straight.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nice truck! I would have bought a Colorado with the diesel, but GM decided they would only offer it in the crew cab version, and that's a deal breaker for me. Actually, they are making it but they'll only sell it to fleet customers.

If Nissan would ever get around to bringing out their new model, and if they don't play the same game GM has, then I'll pick up a diesel and drive it until the wheels fall off. I know the industry moves slowly, but jeepers . . .

·
Registered
520 Posts
Don't worry, in a year you'll be back cuz you gave that Chevy to your kid and took back your Frontier.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't worry, in a year you'll be back cuz you gave that Chevy to your kid and took back your Frontier.
I won't say never, but this is highly unlikely. since I paid $10,000 over what I could have picked up a 2016 Desert Runner CC 2WD, this Colorado is staying in my possesion. I do still love the Fronty though and am happy that my son gets to keep driving it. (as long as he continues to make his payments to me)

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Yes, they are nice, but aren't cheap, either! I checked them out at the auto show and was really impressed with them!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will definitely keep all up to date on how it runs. So far I can report that it does have an acceleration lag when starting from a stop or foot off of the gas. This is partly due to some minor turbo lag along with an emissions deal that keeps the computer from feeding a bunch of fuel into the engine when the accelerator is smashed down. That is what causes that typical puff of black nasty smoke that comes out of the older diesel vehicles that we are so used to seeing in the US.

I also found some paint damage on the drivers door that looked like some lot rash that the dealer tried (very poorly) to cover up. I have since had it looked at by an independent body shop and a second Chevy dealer who both said that it looks like the factory repainted the door at some point. The second Chevy dealer is going to properly fix it under warranty and provide me with a loaner truck while they are working on it. One thing I will give Chevy over Nissan is that the Chevy dealer did not even blink an eye at offering to fix it under warranty.

Will keep you all up on mods I do to it and what my son does with the Fronty (of course under my approval until he pays it off)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts