Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that my truck nose-dives quite a bit under braking (on the street). Anyone else notice this or better yet, solve it? I can't remember if it did this when it was stock which is one reason I'm posting the question.

My caster is set at OEM specs

I have Radflo 2.5 coilovers up front (Non-Titan swap) as well as a Hefty Fabworks bumper (may be the culprit)

Discuss?

·
Registered
934 Posts
For the sake of discussion we should probably find out what the spring rate is on your Eibach coil springs on your radflo coilovers?

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
For the sake of discussion we should probably find out what the spring rate is on your Eibach coil springs on your radflo coilovers?
First thought is the spring rate doesn't match the added bumper weight, right?

·
Registered
27 Posts
It is definitely something to do with the coilovers. The only other thing that could cause some noticeable nosedive would be if the rear brakes are not doing their part and only the front brakes are stopping the truck but it's more likely that it's in the coilover valving or spring rates

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Revisiting this thread with updates.

It is definitely the coilovers. They have the 550lb springs. I bought them from a CF member and apparently didn't pay attention to that little detail.

This is also why when I ran without a front sway bar my truck handled like a soggy biscuit. It felt like it was going to tip over every turn I made.

Solution to this issue? I'm Titan swapping it next year and getting the spring rates and shock valving correct the first time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts