Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a thread last night asking if anyone had used water wetter. I think I'm just not going to bother with it since they say it works best with mostly water. Well I need the antifreeze here in Jersey and I'm not going to be doing coolant flushes every six months. So I decided to just do a coolant flush at work today just as a little maint. All went smooth as silk and the truck seems to run just as before. Cruising down a flat road, temps at 190, pulling up hill right at 195, never higher. But I did notice something "new". On my commute I go up and down to mountains. Well going up the temp creeps up to 195, but as soon as I crest the top and start coasting downhill (it's 3.5 miles of not using the skinny pedal) I noticed my temp drops in 2 degree increments rather fast all the way down to 182, never lower. I dont remember it doing this before, but it may have. Anyone know if it's normal? I'm partially guessing it's beause I have the right 50/50 mix in it now(was more like 75/25 before).

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
....all the way down to 182, never lower. I dont remember it doing this before, but it may have. Anyone know if it's normal? I'm partially guessing it's beause I have the right 50/50 mix in it now(was more like 75/25 before).
^IIRC. the stock t-stat is around 180* so that's fine... too much coolant will "hold" the heat so sounds like you're o.k now.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^IIRC. the stock t-stat is around 180* so that's fine... too much coolant will "hold" the heat so sounds like you're o.k now.
Thats what i was thinking. Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts