Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,075 Posts
Looks like my job may be moved from San Diego to Virginia.
What are the emissions requirements there?
Basically, is anyone running headers and high flow cats without problems from the DMV?
Don't know the official answer but in my book if you spent time defending us in Iraq, you get a free pass on emissions! Thank You for your service.

Clint

·
Registered
3 Posts
Virginia Beach do not have a emissions requirements. We just have safety inspection every year. For safety inspection they want everything that is on/in the vehicle working

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
no emissions checks at all in most of Va. i believe some areas of NOVA have them but i cant swear to that. other than that its just a regular safety inspection.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Actually all of NOVA requires an emissions inspection every 2 years.

You would think the Richmond area would have emissions inspection.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Actually all of NOVA requires an emissions inspection every 2 years.

You would think the Richmond area would have emissions inspection.
Now why would you think that? We don't stink in Richmond.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just make sure all of your lights work and it has an exhaust and tread on the tires. Most places could care less but if they do check they check at the cat and that is it. All else fails ask around and find a pay for sticker shop LOL. last bit of advice avoid the freaking midtown and downtown tunnels at rush hour, and make sure you check out a pig pickin while your in the area. Oh and one last think stay the heck away from Victory Nissan of Chesapeake the service center sucks, Hall is better but not the best. And vehicles get messed up when parked on base in Norfolk so I've been told.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts