Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just signed the paperwork today on an 09 Frontier SE King Cab 4WD, and will pick it up on Tuesday, after they install the trailer hitch and final prep.

Traded in a 2004 Dakota Quad Cab SLT V-8 that I'd put almost 100,000 largely troublefree miles on. Just couldn't see buying another one -- even though I walked away from Chrysler employee discounts (FIL retired from Chrysler) to buy my 1st Nissan... The price/value, even with those discounts, just doesn't compare.

It's a pretty basic Silver/graphite SE King Cab, having only the Value Package, and I'm having a hitch put on. I tow a 14' utility trailer a lot - hauling my Yamaha Rhino or garden tractors around... often long distances. My immediate concern will be installing my electric brake controller, then I plan to add a soft tonneau cover before winter.

Over all, I'm quite pleased with all the things that came standard on this truck (or in the SE Value Package) that I paid extra for when I bought my Dak. I just retrieved the window sticker for it to compare. MSRP for it was $29715 in February 2004, before some dealer-installed extras.

Some of the things that were added to its $24,645 base (it's a Quad i.e. crew) were:
5 speed automatic - $1170
Sliding rear window - $140
Tire & Handling Group -- $400 (to get 265/70R16s on 16" aluminum wheels)
AM/FM Radio with CD -- $125
Heavy Duty Service Group -- $130 (larger battery & radiator)
Cruise & Tilt -- $390
Power windows, locks, mirrors and remote keyless entry -- $885

Then, there's the things that I had the dealer add, above and beyond the MSRP above:
Bedliner -- $395
Bed rail caps -- $95
Tail gate cap -- $35

All those things are on the Fronty I bought today, with an MSRP of $26,240. I won't get into all the the things the Fronty has that the Dak didn't like limited-slp differentials, etc.

I also added a Class III trailer hitch and wiring -- $450 to the Dak, but I'm paying $500 to get one installed on the Frontier. So that one dealer-iinstalled addition to the Frontier is a wash, considering inflation.

I've owned a lot of trucks over the years, Ram 1500 Quad Cab, three F-150s (one standard, two extended cabs), two Rangers (one standard, one extended cab), the Dak above -- but this is my first Nissan. It it holds up as it is reputed to, it will be an incredible bargain for an extended cab truck with all these features at this price...

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Welcome, Kent!

I doubt you'll be disappointed with your decision. The frontier is an awesome truck... but if you want to keep your pockets full, don't read about all of the possible accessories you can buy for the truck. It'll suck you dry! :)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Welcome to CF!

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
409 Posts
welcome brahduh!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome, folks...

I've already put this great forum to good use, researching how to hook up my brake controller, once the dealer has installed the hitch and 7-pin harness...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts