Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for awhile but not really seeing what i am looking for. So i ask for those of us without 4wd has anyone replaced the switch blank and put something in its place? I was thinking about getting a 4X4 selector switch and using it to turn on some extra lights or something. I was just thinking what could i put in place of the blank that might be useful. I have a LE so next to it is the seat heater switches and the vdc. I have fog lights so need for that extra switch. Just wanted to see if or what anyone has come up with or have even thought about.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could not find anything. But i was thinking some sort of gauge that is functional. I am thinking about adding a on board air compressor for future air bags for hauling loads and always nice to have air when u get a flat tire out in the middle of no where. I am looking for a air pressure gauge that will fit there. I will probably use the blank over by the cargo light for the on off switch.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
... But i was thinking some sort of gauge that is functional.... for hauling loads ..
^thinka Trans. temp. would be in your best interests.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was searching for that thread the other day and could not find it thanks stepside. I am thinking the on board air would eliminate me having to bring my extra air tank out in the woods when we take the 4 wheelers out (or i could stop running things over that break the bead LOL) always a plus to blow up the rafts on the river or at the beach. Just gotta find a compressor that will handle said things and tuck away nicely. Looking at the ones the low rider guys use for their fast bag air suspension.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have a buddy who has a compressor and air tank he used on his bagged sonoma... that would prolly work.. i'll talk to him, it tucks away, well the compressor does, but the damn tank is a lil big... it's noisey but works...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
you could always get a bully dog gt and put it in the 4x4 switch spot, they sell an adapter that fits it perfectly

·
Registered
109 Posts
i have a viar 380 and a 3 gallon tank, i took it off my s10 when i upgraded the compressor. i have it mounted on my passanger wheel well in the bed, never gets in the way... i also dont have a guage, i have a pressure switch that shuts off at 200psi and turns on at 150.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
i'm 2wd as well, i was thinking bout relocating the seat heater switch to another location and taking the whole blank out and stuffing a cb radio in there, i don't even know if there is room behind there but just a thought

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.