Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'22 S Model King Cab. Has anyone noticed excess fan noise, even on low? I'm not talking about something stuck in the fan, but the fan motor and "air flow noise" is annoying especially at a stop, even with the radio on...it's somewhat quieter (but still annoying) on "face" mode, but worse on "face+foot" mode... I think the mode doors are working ok, but it sounds like an air restriction of some kind...
If I turn the fan completely off, it's like "ahhh, finally quiet".

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Are all of the dash vents open? Just one closed can cause a bit of noise by itself, plus the increased airflow through the other vents.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question Ram, but yes, they're all full open. I may have to actually get inside the dash and look for some restriction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are all of the dash vents open? Just one closed can cause a bit of noise by itself, plus the increased airflow through the other vents.
Good question Ram, but yes, they're all full open. I may have to actually get inside the dash and look for some restriction.

·
Registered
862 Posts
'22 S Model King Cab. Has anyone noticed excess fan noise, even on low? I'm not talking about something stuck in the fan, but the fan motor and "air flow noise" is annoying especially at a stop, even with the radio on...it's somewhat quieter (but still annoying) on "face" mode, but worse on "face+foot" mode... I think the mode doors are working ok, but it sounds like an air restriction of some kind...
If I turn the fan completely off, it's like "ahhh, finally quiet".
I think this is normal on the '22! (I came to this conclusion because I've read about others asking this question)
Mine does it as well but it's not super loud. It's a manageable noise on mine.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Same if using dual vs single mode? What happens when you close a vent one at a time - does that help narrow to a particular vent/tube?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The far left vent whistles when I have the “face” option on, I have to basically keep it closed off to stop the noise! That’s the only one of my vents that do it!! Very annoying

1 - 7 of 7 Posts