Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2010 that developed a squeak rattle kind of noise while on rough roads or idling with the A/C on. If you hit the steering wheel in the 6 o'clock position you could hear it. Drives me crazy!

This morning I took the lower dash a part and found in the column a wiring harness with a label which was made out of a very crinkly kind of paper. It was the sound of this crinkly paper on the plastic I was hearing. I have moved the harness around and tried to wrap the label a bit.

The noise has not shown it self and I can not reproduce it by hitting any part of the dash.

FYI just in case someone has the same problem.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Thanks! My steering wheel randomly makes a ticking noise and I'll bet you've found the source. Excellent.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Is this reached under the dash or must the lower cover of the wheel be removed... any way you can post pics?

I have that sound too..

·
Super Moderator
11,530 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took apart the bottom part of the dash. I don't think you need to. If you stick your fingers up through the hole by the tilt steering lever, you can feel the wires that had that crinkle sounding label. (The wires are on the steering wheel side of the lever) Hopefully you can duplicate the sound and maybe just push the wires over to try and fix it.

I am now on day 2 and no noise :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts