Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

So recently I noticed my positive terminal had quite a bit of corrosion on it. It didn't surprise me because I have spent the last 6 months stationed on the coast of CA and I attributed it to the salty air. So without hesitation I cleaned the terminals and applied some protectant. About a week later my truck started right up after a quick gym session and about 30 seconds later died before I could even get out of the parking spot. It would crank but not start at all. So I changed the battery just as a precaution. Now it has quite the strange group of symptoms. When I insert the key everything lights up fine and cranks, but never starts. The electric fan runs any time the key is in ON and the security light never goes out. Neither does the MIL. The truck doesn't even respond to scan tools at all. I'm fearing the worst here. Any ideas? Help?

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
i would unplug the battery and leave it for a solid 24hrs if you dont want to take it to a dealer. their consult computers can give a lot more info.

you can try to swap a good known ecu from a wrecked truck, they arent too expensive. but i would try the battery first.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried leaving it unplugged for quite the long time. I've tried every reset method I could find and no luck. I guess it's off to the dealer tomorrow. I hate resorting to that, but I literally can't do anything else myself. My computer's can't access the truck. Ugh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts