Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m stumped and would love some help with my 2012 Frontier SV 4L.
———
Problem:
Black wire (12V) going to my Prodigy P2 brake controller is 0V so my controller not turning on.
———
(1) All other terminals on my 7-plug at hitch give proper voltages. Only the variable brake terminal is 0V (due to problem above)
(2) I swapped blue and browns relays under passenger trim. No change. Voltages checked are relays’ wiring harness (truck side of harness) were identical to my previous relays’ voltages.
(3) All fuses and fusible links under the hood had good continuity checks (almost 0 ohms) No fuses in the passenger seat fuse box for towing.
(4) Chiltons drawings do not show the brake controller circuit wiring. Only the wiring for the regular 4-pin trailer circuit (which is working correctly)
(4a)Therefore, I don’t know where the 12V comes from.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
RR, Pin 4 of the electric brake prewiring connector is Fuse 37 - 10A from the taillamp relay in the IPDM E/R underhood. Pin 5 of the brake prewiring connector is Fuse H - 30A in the fuse and fusible link box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RR, Pin 4 of the electric brake prewiring connector is Fuse 37 - 10A from the taillamp relay in the IPDM E/R underhood. Pin 5 of the brake prewiring connector is Fuse H - 30A in the fuse and fusible link box.
Thank you! I found the drawing in Chiltons and verified I have 12V at the fusible link (H, 30A) input. Fusible link continuity is good. Then I checked continuity between fusible link output and electric brake prewiring...that was an open. So my problem seems to be narrowed to connector 1G (E152/M31)....any chance you know where that is? I’m going to start digging in Chiltons. Thank you again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the EXACT same situation with my 2009 Frontier. "Continuity between fusible link output and electric brake prewiring...that was an open." I've hardwired a new new line from the battery to controller for now to be able to tow this week, but can't wait to solve this mystery.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I didn’t have the exact same problem but I had a similar one. All the fuses and relays were good but I had no voltage to my turn signals at the 7 way. Turns out my BCM was bad from the factory and just didn’t send those signals properly. Easy enough fix. Maybe something like that is going on for you too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts